(5)With Navy Nuance

'Like a dark angel, he illuminated this aura of mystery and depth...'

With Navy Nuance

"This looks promising- 'a god could bind their powers to a certain object in case of mortal-transitioning'

"This looks promising- 'a god could bind their powers to a certain object in case of mortal-transitioning'. What on earth does that mean?"

Thanatos took a sip of his whiskey and reread the line from the book I held. He grunted; "That's only applicable to a god transforming into their human form. If they want to store their power somewhere, they can use this spell." Thanatos pointed at the line underneath that. It was in ancient Latin.

"Aren't you all already in your 'human' form?"

"Not necessarily- to be truly human, you need to give up what makes you immortal. So in this case you store it away for safe-keeping."

"Ah..." I nodded and turned the page to continue looking for more relevant information. Still no sign of anything that could help me with my goddess-induced nightmares.

It was well past midnight, and we'd covered an entire wall of Thanatos' large study. It was beautiful and packed with tall shelves filled with an endless array of old books. The mere sight of the towering shelves of books somehow intimating in itself. The room smelt of old pine and firewood.

We were sat in front of the slow burning fireplace on a thick, white, fur rug. Thanatos had scattered some pillows on the ground; I was extremely comfortable leaning against the black, leather couch; my bum snugly perched on a wide cushion.

Thanatos was seated next to me, his glass tumbler of whiskey in his hand and a red-covered book in the other.

The study was dark, except for the light from the large fire.

I gently picked up my glass from the floor, careful not to spill it on my white dress. I'd decided to go with a comfortable and airy dress that Opis had delivered to me a few days ago. It had two slits running up on either side of my legs, which made it immensely comfortable to sit in. It was loose fitting and wrapped in the middle with a thin, cotton braided belt. It was strapless at the top, but tight-fitting so I had no need to constantly pull it up.

Thanatos appreciated it greatly.

He couldn't stop staring at my bare legs as I walked into the study. Even now as I sat next to him, I felt his burning gaze on my legs and my bare shoulders.

It took everything I had to keep slapping away his hand whenever it came close to touching me.

And believe me- he tried quite a few times. Especially after his third glass of whiskey.

I took a sip of my drink. The refined liquor burnt my throat as it slipped down.

Thanatos had pretty good taste in drinks.

"This is useless." I said as I reread the same sentence for the tenth time; "We're never going to find what we're looking for..."

"Such a pessimist." Thanatos said as he pushed up his rolled down sleeve. He was dressed more casually- his black shirt and pants more loose than his normal leather attire. He was barefoot, like me. I pressed my toes deeper into the thick furry rug with a sigh.