(30)Bleu de France (Part 2)

Song* - Sorry hurts, Blake Neely

"The world crashing around us to deafening to interrupt

"The world crashing around us to deafening to interrupt..."

Bleu de France (Part 2)

We sat in silence as the humming of the wind echoed through our hair and over the lake

I held my hands to stop them from shaking, but it had been about an hour since last they had, and now I was frozen in time; my mind still and sore.

There wasn't much to say; there wasn't anything that could be done.

Alexus sat next to me, her head bowed and her eyes troubled.

We hadn't spoken since she sat down- the feeling of the world crashing around us to deafening to interrupt.

Words were hollow, but actions- those left scars.

Just ask Delilah.

Delilah- dead, by her own wildness.

But that wasn't entirely true...

We sat and watched as the sun was being eaten by the mist and fog; light struggling to break free, but there was no need, we had no use for the sun today.

Just like Delilah had no use for my words- she knew it would all be for naught.

I tried to cry, but there was no emotion in my face; everything had travelled down to my heart and it was bursting at the seams.

Alexus didn't try to ask me how I was; it was clear on my face- my cold, cold face.

My mind was still trying to process it. Thanatos had explained to me, in my shocked state, that when a mortal dies in the underworld, their soul cannot travel on from here, but instead, it becomes a Shade. Shades were servants of Hades, and the ghost-like form of the mortal- meaning the Delilah I knew would never exist again.

Thanatos slowly walked up to us; his hard boots tapping softly against the stone. His voice broke the silence and I wanted to shut it with my hand; "Her body is being taken to the burial site." His voice faltered.