(9)Olympian Blue

'I didn't want this- this was not part of the plan...'

Olympian Blue

"Stop fidgeting, you look stunning

"Stop fidgeting, you look stunning."

Thanatos took my shaky hand in his as I fixed my silver, cuff earring for the seventh time. His large hand was cold and his grip tightened around mine. I felt a wave of calm engulf me, but not before a jolt of intense heat filled my core. Merely holding his hand left me speechless.

"I think I'm going to be sick..." I ran my other hand over my forehead. It was damp and warm.

We stood in front of the gates of the large dining hall. I was in the palace of mount Olympus and no matter how many times I reminded myself of that- I still couldn't believe it.

The palace was colossal.

It stretched on further than my eye could see. It appeared to be more of an entire kingdom in the sky than just a castle. We'd arrived via Thanatos portal, and the first image I saw was a large golden gate adorned with pearls and gems. The sky was filled with clouds of white and gray and the light was a mix of orangey hues and dark blue as the sun began its descent.

As if magnifying the light, the palace illuminated in the sky like second moon as the stars appeared and the sky became dark. Nothing ever looked more beautiful and menacing at the same time.

Oh, wait...

I shifted my eyes to the Greek god of death beside me. I tried to not be too obvious as my eyes drank him in.

He wore his usual black attire and his cloak that seemed to set the floor ablaze as he walked, but now in addition to his ruby gemstone that clasped his cloak to the front, he wore an old golden breastplate, gold bracers and a pair of bronze rings. He left his black gloves at home. I blushed as I felt his soft skin against my palm.

His rings were cold and scrapped against my silver ones.

He looked to die for- no pun intended.

Thanatos black mane was combed back, a few rebellious strands falling over his forehead, and his stubble was neatly trimmed. His red eyes were intensely watching a couple of servants handle his scythe. They took all his weapons from his person and were placing them in an archive for him to retrieve later when we leave.

Knives, daggers, hidden blades...
Good lord did he have a lot of weaponry on him.

"Just take a deep breath." I did as he said. It didn't help.

The servants nodded to him and bowed. They didn't dare look him in the eye. Instantly, my thoughts raced back to what Alexus had said about his mother's doomed vision for her son. Were the people of the kingdom still terrified of Thanatos- the usurper king- or were they in awe? It was often difficult to tell the extent of the reactions his presence brought. Even I struggled with that issue...