(40)Blue-bathed Revelations

'The world crashed...'

Blue-bathed Revelations

The day after the beer festival we were back at Aurora's hilltop house

The weather was a bit too misty for swimming and the girls wanted to show me this human contraption called a 'gaming console'. I had no idea what it was, but after they'd set it up and Trita and Aurora explained the instructions to me, I grabbed the small, black device and watched as the television screen started up in blue.

Sonya popped a CD into the console and grabbed the second device; "So my brother has a few games we can pay, but let's start easy so you can learn how to work with the controller."

I nodded sceptically and Aurora snickered at my confused expression. I gave her the finger.

"Thane, press X."

I looked down and did as the platinum-haired girl instructed. The screen boomed with the words 'FIFA'.

"Football?" I asked with interest.

"Is that fine?" Trita asked from behind me as she nibbled on a piece of pizza. I'd grown to love the smell of the disgustingly fatty and oily food.

"Anything is fine, let's play." I shot Sonya a competitive look and she smiled back with conviction. Aurora stood behind the couch. I turned to look at her as Sonya organised our settings and the players.

Trita pretended not to notice as I mouthed to her blonde friend to come sit next to me. Aurora smiled, but shook her head; "I'm off to the kitchen so long..."

Aurora's mother had asked her to bake a cake for a children's birthday party she had planned. The caterer had cancelled at the last minute, leaving Aurora's mother with no other choice but to get it done herself, but she was busy with another venue at the time. Aurora had agreed to help, but didn't want me to be bored while she did. I, of course, argued that I wouldn't be- covering her with sugar and frosting would've been quite the distraction, but Aurora had insisted that Sonya and Trita entertain me.

I reluctantly agreed.

Aurora was acting strange ever since the incident at the restaurant- I'd tried to pry it out of her, but she'd closed up quickly.

Perhaps she was just scared? Or thinking...

"Earth to Thane, can you hear me?" Sonya kicked my leg.

I jolted back to reality and whipped my head back to the petite girl next to me on the soft carpet.

"Sorry..."

Trita chuckled knowingly with her mouth full of pizza; "You're going to burn a hole through our friend if you continue staring like that..."

I scoffed; "I'm not sure what you're talking about."