(25)Zaffre Dagger

'It was a simple word, but those usually caused the most damage...'

Zaffre Dagger

It was a beautiful morning

The sky was clear, the sun was hot and the lake looked inviting. Perhaps Thanatos and I could go swim later, and he could show me around his territory. The thought of spending the entire day with him filled my heart with delight- I couldn't wait to have his arms around my waist and his nose nuzzled in my hair.

What a strange and yet fulfilling feeling it was just thinking about being near him.

The scent of mint and ocean wafted through the air as I stepped into his chamber.

I peered around for any sign of Silas, but the young man was nowhere to be found. He was probably in the study- cleaning the endless shelves. I took the chance to sneak into Thanatos' room.

Trimorphe was still happily sleeping in my room when I'd left. I made sure to leave her some food and had refilled the bathtub with hot water. She had a strange fascination with water, for some reason. Last night, when I'd decided to bathe her, it took me at least an hour to convince her to get out of the soapy water. She was all too happy purring and ogling up at me from the shallow water in the tub.

I couldn't help but find her utterly adorable! Who wouldn't? Her tail was bushier than a duster and her bright blue eyes shone like sapphires. For a rather large feline, her meow was but a mere squeak, but her growl was something entirely different. The windows shook when she was temperamental.

In a way, she reminded me a little of myself...

I opened the large door softly- careful not to make a noise in case Thanatos was still sleeping.

The chamber was dark, the curtains closed and the balcony's door locked. I gently closed the door behind me and walked over to the bed, my eyes trained on the double doors to check if it clicked right and wouldn't blow open from the breeze coming in through the foyer.

"My, my..." The soft voice froze my body with rigid efficiency.

My head turned slightly, and in my chest I could feel my heart try to claw out from its place. It throbbed, the sensation felt like a knife was being dragged through my chest and down to my stomach. Cutting slowly...

Delilah's brown eyes were filled with pleasure.

My mouth ran dry as I noticed the thin black sheet that covered her naked body as she lay on her side, her head propped up and her dark curls hanging down her back. She had many freckles on her shoulders and all along her collar bone, but those eyes...

Those eyes wanted to see me fall to my knees and weep.

I nearly did.

"What are you doing here?" My voice was unrecognisable- hard, controlled and menacing.