(36)Under a Navy sky

*Song- Shine on you crazy diamond Pt 1, Pink Floyd.

Definitely Thanatos' favourite song... ;3
He's an old rock fan, no doubt.

"Love- why was such a small word so heavy

"Love- why was such a small word so heavy..."

Under a Navy Sky

I threw the soft, wool blanket on the couch and gave Thanatos a smile; "What would you like to drink? My dad has some great red wines, if you'd like some?"

Thanatos grinned up at me lazily- he looked more relaxed than I'd ever seen him before.

"Will you join me?"

I nodded and pointed to a small wine fridge in the corner by the bar; "Have a look there and pick anyone you want. I'm going to go fetch the popcorn; it should be done by now."

I turned to head to the kitchen, but Thanatos grabbed my hand and placed a lingering kiss on my lips. I smiled into his touch.

"Hurry."

My smile was big and full of giddiness as I walked over to the stove. The popcorn was just done popping so I removed the pot and shook the popcorn into a bowl. My mother entered the kitchen from the other side, busy fixing her earring.

"You two going to be alright tonight?" My mom asked as she stole a few kernels.

I nodded my head and grabbed the salt; "Yeah, we'll be fine, don't worry."

"Oh, I'm not, it's your father." My mom leaned against the counter; her smile knowing, "He doesn't like leaving you here alone with a boy he's just met."

I rolled my eyes; "Dad needs to realise that I'm not a teenager anymore; well, technically, I am still, but I've never acted like one. He trusts me to make the right decisions, doesn't he?"

"Of course, honey, but you need to understand that Thane is quite a bit older than you. And it's not like we were prepared for him. I thought you were bringing a girl your age home to visit."

I sighed, but I understood her point; "I'm sorry, I suppose it slipped my mind."

My mom chuckled; "Ah-huh, sure..."