(42)Hyacintho Daemonium

'Then I'll drag you back to hell...'

Hyacintho Daemonium

Sybaris left through a crack in the wall- slithering away, leaving her children to teach me a lesson in keeping my mouth shut

Too bad it wasn't going to work.

I shot a whirling ball of air towards them and they were slammed back into the opposite wall. This gave me some time to check if I'd actually used the small, confusing device in the right way, but before I could try to turn it another way- a large black portal opened up.

My eyes widened as a blazing current of electricity shot out from within and hit one of the vampire's in its throat, ripping its head off and letting it drop to the floor. I watched it roll; the gore of the odd sight bubbling up a nerve-wrecked laugh to my lips, but it didn't spring forth.

My breath was knocked back as the black hole shot out two, devilishly handsome- and equally pissed- Greek gods.

I sighed in relief and wiped the sweat from my brow.

Sybaris' children shrieked in fear as Hypnos pulled one closer with a long, fiery whip and tore a hole through its heart with his dagger. Thanatos didn't waste any time either- he slashed out his big scythe and soon enough, another head rolled onto the floor. Blood everywhere, mixing with Pan's.

A few bats tried to race towards me, taking the ground route rather than opening their large wings and alerting the gods to their intentions. With the little remaining magic I had left that Sybaris had so kindly left me, I dodged sideways and threw down a blazing wave of fire. The bats shrieked and scurried off trying to avoid it, but unluckily for them they ran straight into Thanatos.

He ripped the one to shreds, tearing its wing from its back like it was made of paper. The other bolted away, but I smacked my foot onto the ground and the earth opened up and swallowed it.

The bat quickly spread it's wings, but didn't get far. Thanatos grabbed its neck as the bat flew up, ready to try again, and electrocuted the creature. The burnt smell of flesh and hair made me turn away and cringe.

Hypnos was too busy ripping limbs off to notice the stench. Painful and angry screeching filled the empty hall.

The last bat-like creature was diving directly down at me, its teeth sharp and gleaming. I had a little bit of magic left, enough to stun it.

I shot out a shock of illusionary magic- a mix of a high-pitched sound and a blinding light that concocted something you'd probably find at a really hard-core rave.

The vampire's aim was off and as it shrieked and flew in to realign itself I kicked- hard. It went tumbling down and crashed onto a pile of ruins.

Thanatos grabbed it with his fist and slammed it against the wall. The creature cried out in pain as Thanatos hissed and smashed his hand onto its throat. I looked away, having had enough carnage for the day as Thanatos continued to suffocate the creature.