(44)Confessions of the Night sky

*Song- Malibu, Miley Cyrus

And just look at that cutie (*.^)

'I was in love

'I was in love...'

Confessions of the Night sky

I'd persuaded Thanatos to allow me one more day on Earth, with my parents and friends, before we had to descend back to hell

The events of mount Olympus were still fresh in our minds, Zeus' death still lingering in the air, not entirely freeing us from the shock or fear. I don't think up until that moment had we realised just how dangerously close to a civil war we really were.

We returned, our hearts heavy and our thoughts muddled. Sonya and Trita were extremely confused- having waited for us all that time in the lounge. We quickly made them forget everything and they went home with wide smiles, not knowing that I'd nearly escaped the clutches of some really pissed off vampires.

Or that an evil, ancient vampire was using them as leverage...

That night, Thanatos had hypnotised my parents to leave for dinner, so that we could be alone, and get back to showing each other just how scared we were to lose the other.

It was extremely intimate; slow and passionate at some stages and then rough and heavy at others. We spent the whole night under the white cover of my bed, demonstrating our love- at least; I hoped it was love for him.

He was still a little angry with me for running off, but after showing him what I could do with my apologetic mouth, he was much for willing to forgive and forget.The moonstone ring of Hera was still on my long finger, reminding us that we couldn't be as close as we dearly wanted.

When the moon passed through the clouds and our bodies were spent for the last time, I curled into him and let the rise and fall of his sweaty chest lull me to sleep. 

The fields of lavender were bright that night as I walked down a familiar path, but instead of heading towards the burnt out tree, where a small pocket-watch lay in the ash, I made my way to the tall mirrors.