(6)Drowning Deeper in Blue

'I was struck down, as if by lighting- my body numb and my senses only enticed by her...'

Drowning Deeper in Blue

My head was pounding- the feeling of a familiar jackhammer slowly working its way down into my skull with severe precision

I picked up the empty bottle of Macallan and held it up against the burning sunlight.

Dammit; this was a rare bottle! And I drank it all in one go...

Oh, gods... Did I make a fool of myself in front of Aurora? Did I start singing the 'Bee Gees' again? I always sing the 'Bee Gees' when I get this drunk!

And who in their right mind opened these curtains?
Gods! The sun is boiling...

I groggily pulled myself up from the leather couch and dragged my feet to the window. With a huff I pulled the dark curtains over the force of the blinding light. In an instant, my headache softened and a sigh of relieve escaped from my parted lips.

I glanced at my reflection as I walked back to the inviting couch.

My hair was tousled and hanging partly over my one eye. The white's of my eyes were clouded with a red hue, my shirt was creased and untucked, and there were dark circles under my eyes. I rubbed my growing stubble with my palm and ran a hand through my dishevelled hair.

Even completely hung-over I don't think I looked too bad...

What on earth did I do last night? What did I say? Did I try to force myself on her? Dammit! I'd at least want to remember any and all forms of action I have with Aurora.

"Good morning, Freddie Mercury!"

Speak of the devil...

Aurora's sweet voice pierced my ears. I turned around slowly to glare at her as Silas directed her to where I'd passed out.

"Inside voices, Aurora..."

She smiled broadly, a glint of mischief in her eyes, and placed a long finger over her lips. "Sorry..." She whispered and took a seat on the brown divan. I slowly sat down on the couch, closer to her side. Silas bowed and softly asked; "Can I get you anything, my lady?"

"Oh, no. I'm fine," she quickly glanced at me, "but perhaps you should get your lord some aspirin?"

"I don't need it. Leave, Silas."

The young man nodded, not fazed by my harsh tone. He was more than used to it by now. Aurora, however, shot me a glare, probably because she felt I was being rude, or something dreary like that...

Silas closed the door with a click, leaving me alone with my only remedy.

I leaned closer to her and ran my cold hand over her cheek; she jumped slightly from the unexpected touch.

Thanatos: The Blue DawnOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara