Chapter 18

"Hey, you ok?" I heard from behind the couch as i turned i saw it was Lisa. I put on a brave face and answered without letting my tears come rushing out like a waterfall. 'I'm fine, just was finding out some pretty big news." She took a seat next to me. "Yeah, i know how you feel. I get weird and scared when i hear important information." She kept talking to me and it lifted the overwhelming feelings that rushed through my veins. After everyone said goodbye the only people left were me, Alexis, Lauren, Lisa, and Harry. Lauren was being a W@#$% again and she took his hand and almost tore his arm off trying to get through the door. She was drunk off of what i didn't know but she wanted to go home. He said goodbye to everyone and left with her. He gave me an insecure smile. One that i never saw before. Even in all the years i had known him. Even if he was getting married you would think that i would stay away but our connection was like two magnets. We were complete opposites but we attracted and I was jealous of Lauren She got what i wanted, I dreamed of being the one laying next to him in bed every night and be the one to kiss him when he's sad and laugh at him when he's being a complete idiot. I looked away until he was out the door so i wouldn't feel obligated to smile back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went over into the kitchen and opened the fridge, i grabbed the leftover piece of cake and poured myself a glass of milk. I carried it to the table and sat. I wanted him so bad. I had to confess to him. He wasn't married yet. I could still have a chance. I just picked at the cake and sighed. After i wasted a piece of cake(Which by the way WOULD NEVER HAPPEN- sorry just love food! <3) I threw it in the trash and went to the guest room. I stepped past the 5 paint cans because me and Alexis still had to paint our rooms so i get to my huge bucket full of memories. I had a huge container of my childhood memories and pictures throughout my life. I knew that i would find a picture or two of Harry but i didn't care. I needed to be reminded of good times. I dragged to my room and shut it. Lisa and Alexis were in Alexis room talking. I had excused myself because i wanted to be alone. As i opened the bin memories came flooding back to me. I smiled as i pulled out multiple old art projects i had done when i was a younger teenager. It was a picture of a girl with a big long dress on. It had tremendous detail. I staired at it and put it gently on the floor next to me. Taking out more pictures and old memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to my alarm clock screeching in my ear." Crap." I stood up; surrounded by the pictures and wonderful times scattered on the floor. "Must've fell asleep on the floor last night. Huh?" I heard Alexis chuckled. " Yeah must've." I smiled and tried to untangle my hair. I rubbed my face. I strolled out into the kitchen and Alexis followed. I swiped a morning protein bar and made myself some tea for work. I looked back at her and she had her arms open. Waiting for me to hug her. I was ready to burst into tears of exhaustion and emotional toying with. I embraced it. I needed to work through this. I had to. move on with my life. I broke from the hug and walked to my room to get dressed. I looked down at the Polaroids and black and white photographs.I carefully stepped over them and grabbed my outfit. Blue skinny jeans a red blouse and red flats. I put some blush on and let me hair fall around my shoulders. I looked good for once since last night before 'everything' happened. I shooed the thought out of my mind and walked out to the living room. I grabbed my notepad full of designs and my purse. I checked if i had my phone and headed out. Alexis waved goodbye as she climbed into her Mercedes. I smiled and turned the ignition in my Range Rover. As i pulled out of the driveway I got a call. Damn. I picked up my phone and holding it with on hand while holding the steering wheel with the other. "Hello?" I said trying to concentrate on driving to work. "Hello love." I almost dropped the phone. It was Harry. I was probably sweating and hyperventilating. I came to a red light and picked at my cherry painted nails. "What do you need?" I questioned trying not to start a major conversation. He wanted to talk to me. " So i was just wondering if you wanted to come and see me and the band again sometime today or whenever's good for you. " He cleared his throat. It was so cute when he was nervous. NO, don't give in and dont mess with him anymore. Period. hes not yours. I mentally flipped off my conscience, "Yeah, sure see you during my lunch break." I could see him dancing because of my answer. I smiled and said goodbye. I was happy again. I hoped that we wouldn't be stupid and jack up being friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into my office and saw flowers on my desk. I approached them in awe. They were stunning. Bright pink and red roses. There was a note. I picked the flimsy piece of paper. It read-

Ashleigh,

I know you might be mad at me. No your probably really really mad at me for last night, so i thought these could make up for it, not completely. I really hope you can forgive me.

XX-Harry-XX

I set down the paper and sniffed in the light scent of the roses. I set it on the far part of my desk next to my computer. I must've been the happiest person on earth in this moment. I sat down and pulled out my notepad. Mr. Fitzpatrick came to into my office. His voice echoed in the big office," There's a meeting in 10 minutes bring your work. One Direction is coming for an hour or two. To work with us on their clothing line." I smiled, "Yes, i'll be there. Thank you" He smiled back and i watched as he went into his office. I continued to work for 5 minutes adding the finishing touches on the outfits. I saw Harry and the boys walk out of the elevator and saw Harry look over in my direction. I look down smiling like an idiot and closing my notebook. I saw all of them make their way towards my office. My heart rate picked up dramatically as Harry opened the glass doors. I couldn't wait to hear his sweet angelic raspy sexy english voice.