Chapter 23

The next couple days were sad and lifeless without Harry but i soon got used to it. Working and hanging out with my friends all the time. I was doing opposite of what i thought was going to happen. I barely could get any work done without Harry. But by now 6 days without him, I was actually doing great. "Ashleigh!!, Lunch." Lisa said peeking through the door of my office. I shot up from my desk and left with her and Alexis. "Where we off to?" I said excited to eat. " You'll see." She had a smirk on her pretty angelic face. I didn't understand but i was just happy we were gonna eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we stepped out of the car the tv's in the mirrors of the many stores were lit up with a familiar face. Five faces to be exact. It was Niall, Louis, Liam, Zayn and Harry. I held Alexis' arm and we stopped to listen.

INTERVIEWER: So Harry.... We have some pictures of you and a girl leaving the Fitzpatrick Designs. What's going on there are you cheating on Lauren? Tell us the story.!

HARRY: Nah, she's just a friend. Me and Lauren are doing great.

INTERVIEWER: A friend with some benefits maybe?

I laughed at the thought. It was one time. The next part angered me.

HARRY: No were just friends. She's not even my type.

He laughed and my heart shattered. I cleared my throat and started to walk away when i heard,

INTERVIEWER: Well, we all know how he feels now!!!

The crowd laughed and i felt a tear roll down my face. I looked back to see the rest of the guys straight faces. Staring Harry down. I guess they knew that what he said was wrong. At least my friends cared about me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I picked at the morsels of pork on my plate and sighed. "You got to eat something." Alexis pointed down at the food sorted in piles and i knewshe wasn't going to let me mope for the rest of the day. "Come on there are plenty of cute boys around here you can get with." She moitioned her head towards the guyat a booth staring at me. "That's the roblem Alexis, i dont want to get with anyone, i just want to be alone. Thats what i need. I can't keep getting my heart broken." She furrowed her brow at me and i suddenly remembered she didn't know about me and Harry. " What do you mean again. And why are you so sad. Is it because of that interview with Harry?" She drummed her fingers on the granite table and i refused to answer. I continued to pick at the food. "It is!" She semi shouted. " No" i denied her accusation even if it was true. I had no intention of telling her about it either. She didn't need to know. "Why do you care is it because you want to be with him." I couldn't just hold my problems back from the only person who could help me with them. " Yes," i whispered. I could hear my voice escalating in volume, " I want to be with him, i want to see him all the time, i want to wake up next to him and have him tell me he loves me and give me a kiss when he leaves and hug me when he's sad and talk to me when he has a problem but no, he's got that stupid, greedy, little annoying skank who has no future and wont even love him like i could!"

I stood up grabbing a couple people's attention and let the fork clatter to the plate. Alexis could see the sadness in my eyes, " i'll be outside, i need some air." I croaked. I walked to the exit and breathed in the cold september London air. I leaned up against the brick wall and saw a guy make his way out of the restaurant towards me. He pushed the wooden paneled door and i heard his thick british accent in his voice, " hello," he cleared his voice. " I saw you inside the restaurant, and you blinded me with your beauty. I couldn't concentrate and i know we just met but can i take you to dinner sometime? " Even in the cold weather his compliment made me feel warm and i must've been blushing because he saw, " your blushing. No girl has ever blushed at me." He smiled. I smiled back and responded, " Yeah, sure. I would love too." I felt around in my pockets for my phone. I handed it to him and he put his number in it. He did the same. Alexis came out of the restaurant with the check and smiled. " Bye- uh i didn't catch your name?" I asked him feeling stupid as its the first thing your fricken supposed to do. " Jeremy. Yours?" He answered. " Ashleigh." I pulled a strand of curly hair behind my ear, " A pretty name for a beautiful girl." I felt my cheeks redden once again and i turned to say good-bye to him. He waved back.

Alexis laughed when we got in the car, " Oh my gosh!!! Whats going on!!! " "Just drive." I smirked. " Are you going on a date??" " If i say yes will you leave me alone!" I asked " Yes your going on a date i cant wait to get you a dress and get you all dolled up." She jumped in her seat, " Yeah, yeah, what ever." I spoke sarcastically.

If Harry wanted to make a fool of me and tell everyone he doesn't love me, well he's wrong, two can play at this game.