xii.

Cole threw your phone across the barn. He came at you, his temper fuming.

"Alright, darling." Cole said, inches away from your face, "Where's your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend." Was all you said. You looked to Sam for strength here.

"Dean just told me it was okay to take your puny neck in my hands and snap it. You have no reason to protect him. So where's Dean, (Y/N)? Where is he?"

You didn't reply. In all honesty you didn't know. He had offered to let you come but never gave you the destination. Cole punched you in the face again, and again. Agitated now that he was so close: "Where is he?!"

Cole chokes you with his right hand and grabs a piece of metal to dig torturously into your bicep. It hurt bad, the piercing metal digging deep through your skin. You were wearing a black tank top that day, now regretting it since he had so much access to your skin.

"Eat me." You grunt out. Now you were really just doing this out of spite.

"Stop!" Sam yelled, hating to watch another innocent person get hurt because of his brother.

"Okay. Okay. Okay, okay." Cole released you, you gasped to get your heart rate back on track, "I guess it's time to crank up the volume, then. Huh?" He turned to you.

"Stop!" Sam repeated.

"Sam, I'm done with you... You gave me her." Cole pulled a hammer out and taps it on His palm.

"Not on purpose!" Sam yelled, trying to keep Cole's focus on him.

"And ain't that just the funniest thing. And I'll let you go, but not until I find Dean Winchester." Cole said, monotonous. He put the hammer over your left knee, getting ready to swing. You were admittedly shaking in fear and anticipation of the blow.

"Right there." He muttered, you had to come up with something quick.

"Wait!" You yelled, trying to save your knee, he looked up at you, keeping the hammer raised, "Please tell me why. Tell me why you're looking for Dean. I need to know."

Cole kept the hammer in his hand, but backed away, he looked down at you. That was the first time you didn't seem scared of him. If there was a way to talk it out maybe neither of you had to hurt each other. He turned around to retell the story.

"June 21st, 2003. I was 13 years old I woke up to the whole house shaking. I heard my father yelling and begging someone to please stop. Over and over and over again. I kept hearing the fighting. So I got out of bed. I first saw all the blood on the staircase, I followed it anyway, there was so much I actually slipped in my Daddy's blood. I saw him laying there with his throat slit. And then Dean walked in, still holding the knife he used to do it. Then he just stared at me." Cole stood there, there was a silence in the air for almost a minute. "And that was the night that Dean Winchester murdered my father. And that's... that's why he's gonna die."

"I'm sorry." Sam said.

"I'm not looking for your sympathy, Sammy. I'm looking for your brother." He dismissed Sam, turning back to you, "So, why don't you tell me where Dean-o is, and then I'll let you both go."

"That's not gonna happen." Sam said for you.

"Really? Now, you remember how your brother gave me the, uh, green light to put one between both of your eyes, right?" Cole brought back up, "I don't understand why you're still so loyal to him."

And honestly, neither could you. But you had nothing to give him anyway. You felt the need to stay with Sam and protect Dean. You two had become a team in this current situation.

"Dean...Dean isn't Dean right now. Now, look, I don't know who you are --" Sam tried to explain, but Cole was less than interested.

"Listen, Sam...Every night...since I was 13 years old...Every night, I close my eyes," Cole closed his eyes, "and all I can see is your brother and all that blood...and my daddy. Now...I know Dean's family and someone you both love and all, but he gave you up. And you have no reason to protect him -- none. So help me. Please."

"Look, I'm sorry about your dad. Whatever happened... Dean had a reason." You tried to play into Sam's idea. As horrible you thought it was.

"I don't know how to tell you this. There are monsters out there." Sam said, seriously. You looked at him, he must be what Dean was.

"You don't think I know that? I did two tours in Iraq. Special Ops, Darfur...The Congo. I've seen suicide bombers and child soldiers so hopped up on speed that they could barely talk! Oh, but they could sure as hell shoot an A.K." Cole went off, you could see it in his eyes too. He remembered every detail.

"Not that kind of monster." You told him, calm. Sam looked at you for a second, surprised to know Dean told you the secret.

"Don't tell me about monsters! 'Cause I've met my share." Cole rejected it.

"I mean vampires! All right? Werewolves. Monster... monsters. Look in the bag." Sam motioned with his head to his duffel sitting to the side, "Go on. Take a look. It's right there."

"I guess even psychos need to hydrate." Cole pulled out a flask with a cross on it.

"It's holy water." Sam corrected him.

"Holy cow." Cole rolled his eyes.

"Look, I'm not a psycho. And I'm not lying." Sam begged.

"Well, you see, that's exactly what a psycho liar would say, so... See my dilemma?" Cole rose his eyebrow, resetting the hammer in his hand.

"It's true! I didn't want to believe it either but it's true. Dean was the one who saved me from one of those things it was going to kill me." You joined the beg.

"I guess...We are just gonna have to do this the other way." He said, swinging his hammer into your knee cap. It cracked so loudly in your body, Sam even flinched at the sound.

You yelled in pain, squeezing your eyes shut. When you opened them, your eyes glowed again. A pale grey. Then like a light they switched off again.

"What just happened to your eyes?" Cole asked, confused. Sam was, too. He had never seen that color glow from someones eyes. You looked between them, confused, just the way Dean had suggested your eyes had glowed, "You tell me now, or swear on my mama's life I'll swing again."

But he didn't get a chance to, his cell phone rang a happy tune, Cole inhaled deeply, "Ain't you lucky, gal?"

He answers it and walks outside. Your head rolled in so much pain you hadn't realized Sam was already setting himself free. Sam saw when Cole pulled the phone out of his pocket he pulled out his keys too. And on his keyring was a pocket knife to cut the zip ties with.

Your breath shook, you felt your knee in pieces. You tried focusing on what Cole was saying to distract you from the pain you felt. Sam finished cutting himself free in record time, then he cut your ties and grabbed you out of the chair. He carried you, you couldn't walk with your knee this damaged, out the back of the barn as fast as he could.

Cole re-entered the barn only to find the chairs tipped over and you and Sam were gone.