lxi.

You had your nose stuck in lore for hours trying to find what in the heck the boys could be dealing with. Castiel was watching Netflix next to you. You had racked up only one that could be a possible bet and had Cass call Dean for you.

"Cass, you okay?" Dean answered the phone.

"I'm mostly confused. I'm not sure how orange correlates with black in a way that's new." Castiel said before you could take away the phone.

"Step away from the Netflix." Dean said.

"Sorry." Cass shifted handing the phone to you.

"It's okay. We've all had a binge." Dean said, laughing to himself silently.

"Hey, Dean!" Your voice came through the phone clearly to him. And then his once mischievous smile faded into a wide grin.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked.

"Alright, my nose has been stuck in old books ass all day. I smell like a librarian porn." You said, trying to blow the smell out of your nose.

"That's hot." Dean said, causing you both to laugh, "You find anything in that sexy lore?"

"Well, there is a creature that feeds on hearts and blood." You said, making a smug look knowing you ruined his hard on.

"Kinky." He sighed, then returned with excitement  "were-pyre, you might say? Come on... I know you wanna say it."

"Shut the hell up." You said, rolling your eyes, "In the lore, it's referred to a 'Whisper'."

"That's lame." He grumbled.

"Silver will kill it, but you may want to decapitate it just to be sure." You said, reading from the book.

"All right, sounds good. I'm at the crime scene now. It was staged. The body was dragged. There were no signs of struggle." He told you.

"Body was moved there to look more like an animal attack?" Cass chimed in a question.

"Yeah, maybe. It was pretty sloppy, though. You, uh- What else you got on these things?" Dean asked.

"Oh! Listen to this. Whispers have a fascinating history." You said, reading ahead you didn't even hear Dean say 'hang on.'

"They're -- they're... Actually, they were once believed to be in the bloodline of werewolves, but in fact, they are more similar to demons." You continued, "They, uh, they got their nickname from how quiet their attacks are. Because of their stealthiness, they've, uh, lived on the fringes for centuries. Although there were several that were hunted and killed during the Salem witch... Wait a minute. Okay, according to this, Whispers only feed during the solar eclipse. Uh, so, Dean, I-i don't think what you're hunting is a Whisper, sorry. I really thought this was it-."

A loud grunt came from the phone that caught your attention.

"Dean, what is that?" You asked worried, taking the phone off speaker to hear better.

"Aah!" Dean grunted again, a hiss came in too.

"Dean? Dean, are you all right?" You asked then heard gunshots and your heart skipped a beat in panic, "I hear gunshots. Dean! Dean? Dean!"

"Ah, it turns out I did shoot the deputy." Deans voice finally came through, allowing you to breathe.

"What the hell just happened? You gave me a heart attack-" you started in on him, but he was eager to get through it.