lxix.

"You misunderstand my purpose on earth." Amara suggested. Her voice was as quiet to Dean as it was the crickets chirping, and lake waves crashing and falling against the dock.

"Well, do I misunderstand the people that you butchered in the park or that church?" Dean rejected her. Remembering you every time he closed his eyes.

"I had to get his attention." Amara defended herself.

"His?" Dean asked, hoping it wasn't him.

"God." Thank god, it wasn't him, "I tried praying, calling out in need. He ignored me. He forced my hand. I had no other reason to harm his chosen. My issue is with my brother, not his creation."

"Whatever the deal is between you two; whoever threw the first punch, whoever was Daddy's favorite-" Dean started arguing with her.

"There was no Daddy." Amara was confused.

"Whatever. That mess is your mess. It's between you two. You're taking people's lives. You're taking their souls." Dean was frustrated by her.

"I consumed their souls." Amara said, which only made it scarier, "They aren't gone. They're a part of me and, in that way, they live forever."

~

Sam came into the bunker with an order of Chinese food with him, along with three bags filled with extra groceries. He kicked the door closed behind him before hopping down the stairs.

"Sorry I'm late! Line was super long, my phone died too!" Sam yelled to you, going quickly into the kitchen to drop off all the food. He didn't even notice you hadn't given him a response yet.

It wasn't until he finished putting away the groceries he noticed the lack of your presence.

"(Y/N)?" He looked behind him and put the loaf of bread in the cabinet slowly, "(Y/N)?"

He walked fast down the hall, not hearing anything his stomach dropped. "(Y/N)!"

He got to the dungeon and it was empty, you were gone. The lights were off. Rowena was gone. Everything gone.

"No, no, no." He started panicking, pulling his phone out to call you. He should've never left you here alone. Your phone sent him straight to voicemail, "(Y/N)- where the hell are you?!"

~

The cage was almost completely subdued in fire. The thunderstorm came raging overhead as you started feeling your terror return. You started to slowly back away, wondering if you should run.

In the cage, you saw the outline of a person. He is merely a silhouette with the way the fire blocked his body. But his eyes glowed a beautiful blue that you recognized.  You could see his real face beyond the flames, beautiful and strong. As he emerged from the dark, the blue eyes faded and Micheal, shoulders back and chest strong, showed his face.

"Crowley." Michael saw him first, nodding. Face made of stone.

"Michael. I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure." Crowley stepped a bit forward.

"And you never will." Michael looked above Crowley. Obviously searching for you.

"Where is she?" Michael voiced, holding the bars of the cage. You were petrified in place. You decided this was it. You could face him. By yourself, you could do it. You walked toward the cage, making sure your face was stone.