xiii.

Sam carried you over his shoulder down a long road, his own right arm was broken and eyes were bruised it made it hard for him to move quickly. He couldn't carry you for very long, you both knew it.

He put you down under a tree a ways down the road and off the beaten path. He sat next to you for some time before asking you the almighty question:

"Back in the barn, when Cole was torturing you, your eyes gl-" Sam began but you were tired.

"If you're going to tell me my eyes glowed, I don't know what to tell you. I'm just a home-school girl from Minnesota. I've been on the road a long time and the only people to say my eyes glow are you and your brother." You said, "I'm not a monster."

"I'm sure you aren't." Sam got the message not to press further and he had other things he had to cover, "I'm just gunna make a quick phone call."

Sam stepped off to the side, you slumped your shoulders because you left your phone in the barn. You looked down at your leg, breathing quickly to try and bend it. You kept thinking to yourself you wish it would just heal itself. Then Sam and you wouldn't be sitting ducks.

It was like when you said that, your body took on a mind of its own. Your hand was already holding your knee, but now it glowed again like it had at the hospital. You yelled feeling a tingle through your skin followed by a large crack of the parts of your knee fitting back together like puzzle pieces.

Sam hadn't even noticed yet, still preoccupied waiting for an answer with his back turned. You stood up. You shook out your leg. It was perfectly fine, maybe even better than before. But you had no idea how you had done it, why you had done it?

"You need to get to Bulah, North Dakota. Now." Sam finally said into his phone... "Yes, Crowley and Dean were there. We gotta pick up their trail... Yeah, um, not so much. Cass, Dean's a demon..."

Your head perked up. He was a what? Since when did your life get so complicated? You were so confused. You were able to accept ghosts and vampires or whatever but demons?

"The mark? I-I guess it just messed him up. I don't know." Sam continued, "Right, Cass, listen: I know you're not feeling so hot, but this is kind of an all hands on deck situation, so.."

Then Sam turned around and saw you standing. His mouth dropped, confused as to how perfectly you were standing without a broken leg anymore.

"Yeah.. Cass, I'm fine. Just, I'll meet you there." He hung up the phone.

"I don't know what happened." You tried to explain yourself before the question was asked, "Dean is a... demon?"

"Yeah." Sam said, "But before we go anywhere, you need to tell me who you are. Home-schooled girl from Minnesota won't cut it."

"Sam, I honestly don't know." You told him, starting to freak out, "I'll tell you whatever I can. I want to know what the hell is happening to me too."

"Who are your parents?" He asked.

"My mom's name was (Y/M/N) (Y/L/N)." You said.

"What about your dad?" Sam asked when you didn't continue.

"I never knew him." You explained.

"Where you adopted? Foster kid?" Sam asked.

"No, my Dad just left before he even knew my mom was pregnant. My mom said he never even knew I existed, that his job was much more important." You explained. "At first she used to tell me bible stories. She used to tell me that 'Daddy's purpose was just as important.' But when I got older I stopped believing those stories. Then I got mad. And I finally left home when I was 25. Then my mom was dying so I came home 2 years later. I stayed for a few years until she died. I got engaged during that time then my fiancé died 3 and a half years ago. So I've been on the road ever since. Now this."

"Have you ever been bitten by something weird? Maybe something bled on you?" Sam asked weird questions.

"I don't think so." You explained.

"Have you ever killed anyone?" He asked.

"No!" You replied, he shifted uncomfortably. Blinking quickly, you could see the gears in his head.

"Okay.." Sam tried to figure out what was happening, "We have to go find my brother. Maybe he already knows what's up with you."

~

Sam stole a red truck for you both. You followed him around, he said after what happened to your leg you shouldn't be on your own. And honestly you didn't want to be either. You also wanted to find Dean.

Right now he was just like his brother, pretending to be a fed and asking questions at the last place Dean was seen. It was a strip club named 'Angelz.' Ironic.

You sat in the car, you had your own bounty hunter gear and else on. You had the window down so you could listen on what he had to say.

"Mhmm.." the bouncer of a strip club said looking at a picture of Dean, he had his own broken arm, "That's the guy." He groaned and held his rib, like those were broken too, "I called 911 but he was gone before they could show up. That dude get to you, too?"

"Oh, uh," Sam looked at where the bouncer pointed at his own broken arm, "no, this was just a, uh, hunting accident."

"Damn." The bouncer said, probably disappointed and emasculated by the scenario, hoping a big guy like Sam was also taken down by him.

"Yeah, well, could you do me a favor?" Sam asked, Grabbing out his card, "If you do see him again, will you give me a call?"

"Yeah, you bet." The bouncer said, looking back at you, you tried to keep your focus elsewhere but still overheard, "That your girl, or your partner?"

"My partners girl." Sam told him.

"Damn." The bouncer said again, this time a bit more breathy, "Your partner must be real happy."

"You have no idea." Sam said, you couldn't help but make a small laugh. Sam then waved him off and came back to the car.

"Where to next?" You asked.

"Back to the motel. Maybe we can hack into the traffic cams, see where he went after this." Sam said, starting the car and driving off.

"Sam?" You said after a while, "Is Dean going to be okay? I mean, he's a demon, is there a way to un-demon him?"

"There is a way, there's a cure for demons. And I intend to do that for Dean. But first we gotta find him and bring him home." Sam said.

"And when we do, what about me?" You wearily asked.

"That's up to you."