lxviii.

You were watching Rowena in the dungeon. Dean went to follow up a quick lead on a massacre just outside of town. And Sam was supposed to be getting groceries. It had been boring, Rowena just staring at a page, you on your phone. It only got exciting when Dean called you.

"Dean." You smiled, answering it halfway into the first ring.

"Hey babe. Sorry to stick you on witch duty, as hard as that sounds." His voice came through and you in particular had been missing it today.

"Every bit. But the stuff we're looking for is definitely in the Book." You put a hand on your hip, then looked over your shoulder catching Rowena peak at another page, "Hey, hey, hey! No snooping around there. Focus."

"Yeah, she tends to do that." Dean understood.

"I've noticed.. You find anything at the church?"

"I just got here. The cops said that the last time the vics were seen alive, one of them, a Priest, they were talking to some mystery woman. She was not killed." Dean explained, you heard him walking past cop cars.

"Amara?" You asked.

"Yeah, I bet. And it's a massacre, alright. The place is covered in blood." Dean told you.

"She's upping her game. She's going to pass the point where we can deal with her." You started to nip at your fingers

"Listen." Dean's voice got low, "Are you sure that you're okay with this whole deal?"

"No. Not even a little." You admitted, feeling as though your heart would best out of your chesr, "But what choice do we have, you know?"

"Okay, well for the record. I hate it." Dean repeated, "Just wait for me. Don't do anything until I get there."

"Right now it's just research, but, you got it, nothing without you." You agreed.

"Alright good. I'll see you soon, babe, bye." He hung up without giving you the chance to say it back.

"You talk about trust." Roeena scoffed behind her book.

"No, I don't." You shrugged, sitting back down in your chair by the entrance to the dungeon.

"You and the Winchesters say we're partners in this holy war against Amara and yet-" Rowena showed off her handcuffs, "-trussed like a chicken."

"You're sitting there with the Book of the Damned and the means to read every word, and you think I'm going to set you free? Do I look crazy?" You furrowed your brow at her, disgusted with even the thought.

"Well, you do have unresolved issues with the abandonment by your father and the slow loss of control over your own life." She said, smirking a little bit.

"You know what? Just get back to work!" You turned away from her. She just laughed so you yelled over your shoulder to remind her: "We're running out of time here!"

"Ah-ha!" She yelled out almost immediately.

"What?!" You tensed your shoulders, "What now?!"

"Well, I'll need some ingredients. But you may summon Fergus. And tell him to bring a hand-cart." She exclaimed, looking across the pages. You were feeling a strange mix of hopefulness and horrible fear.

"A hand-cart?" You asked.

"We're going to Hell."

~