lii.

You woke up to Amara uncomfortably shifting and squirming in your arms, then the stench came.

"Uh oh.." You jarred upright, rolling the window down a crack, "Dean, I - I, uh, think we need to take a potty break."

"Why-" Then he smelled it, "Oh, God, alright, I think theres a gas station coming up here."

Dean cracked his window, Jenna did the same, "Hurry." She said.

Soon enough you came to a gas n' sip. Immediately you got out with the crying baby who needed her diaper changed. Dean looked surprised, he had had all intentions of helping you out of the car but you already did that.

"Oh, you good?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. Baby. Poop. What could go wrong?" You shrugged,

"Godspeed." Dean nodded,

"I have no idea what I'm doing." You admitted.

"Do you want me to help?" Dean asked.

"Have you ever changed a diaper?" You asked, and you could see he was about to answer yes, "Have you ever done it without getting pee all over you?"

He stopped there.

"I'll teach you." Jenna got out of the car, "My grandma leads a Sunday School for preschoolers, I've picked up a think or two."

"Thank you." You said she took your shoulder and started giving you tips as you went to the restroom.

Jenna abraded you with tips and warnings and what to do, what not to do. You had to stand back a few feet as she prepped Amara. It all seemed too much. The more you thought about it the more you realized you were completely responsible for this little girls life.

"You okay?" She asked, reaching a hand out to you.

"You sure you don't want to take her?" You asked, feeling nerves rush through your body, then you remembered your powers and wondered if this feeling would trigger something.

"I couldn't, I'm so young and Mike gave her to you." She explained but you didn't listen.

"Mm.. yeah.. uh, would you mind just going to the gas n' sip and getting me a water?" You asked. She nodded and left the bathroom, leaving you alone with Amara.

You snapped your fingers and her diaper was clean and back on her, perfectly snug.

"There, that's better, right?" You said, checking that it was on right, "We can keep that between us right? Uncle Dean doesn't have to know about a little help."

The more you stared at this child, the weirder the feeling you got. She was still in her onesie, adorable and sweet as ever. An easy baby for being a newborn. But the quiet was distracting, looking at her it was like she sucked it in. The power that surrounded this baby was infinite and dark. It was powerful. You hadn't felt it until now with all the stillness and lack of conflict. Or maybe you were imagining something?

Maybe you just wished that the baby would be like you, a reason to be connected to it as a mother or a hope that you could have your own. So you shook your head from it and put the blanket on the baby with another snap and took her into your arms but now it didn't feel right and you held this baby with such nervousness it felt as though your body would explode.

And it seemingly did. Weeds in the bathroom grew fast and strong through the tiled floor, a rainfall began in the bathroom. You rolled your eyes, why was it that your power was at the same controlling level of a child? It made things so inconvenient.

  You cupped your hand over Amara's face to shield her from the downpour that had begun to pool in the bathroom as you left. But quickly your hand was pulled away by the burning sensation that sizzled when you touched her bare skin.

~

Dean pulled out his phone and called Sam. As Jenna and You dealt with the baby, he had the time to figure out if his brother was alive.

"Hey, you good?" Sam answered the phone after the first ring. Which let Dean breathe

"Yeah, about 200 miles outside of town. As far as I can tell, it's isolated to Superior."  Dean explained, exhausted from the drive.

"Well, that's something." Sam said.

"Yeah, when (Y/N) says a few towns over apparently that means an 8 hour drive back to Minnesota." Dean groaned, stretching his legs.
"How about you? You okay?"

"What'd you expect?" Sam laughed at his brother for listening to you for navigation, then sighed for the question, "Like it or not, I'm gonna find a cure."

"Yeah, I know you are." Dean dropped his head with his hands in his pockets, "Man, things are screwy right now. I know we don't have any answers," he turned to see you coming and smiled, "but at least we got one win, you know?"

"I hear you." Sam said.

"All right, I'm gonna run Jenna up to her grandmother's, and (Y/N) and the baby to her Aunt. Shouldn't be more than the rest of today. I'll be back in the morning. Then we clean up that town. We find the Darkness, and we kick her ass." Dean said, confidently.

"Yeah, that's great, Dean. That um.. sounds like a plan." Sam was weirdly hesitant, but Dean had a girl he wanted to talk to and hung up. But when he shut his phone, a memory came to him.

Dean is surrounded by dark clouds of smoke with the Darkness across from him.

"If you're as bad as they say you are, why haven't you hurt me?" Dean asked. Hesitant as to why he was here, why him alone? It made him oddly uncomfortable around her.

"For the same reason that you'll never hurt me." The beautiful woman pulled aside the strap of her left shoulder to reveal the Mark of Cain on her collarbone. The light was dim, but he could recognize that mark anywhere, "We're bound, Dean. We'll always be bound. You helped me. I helped you. No matter where I am, who I am... We will always help each other."

She kept walking closer and closer to him. He wanted to move away but it was like his body had him pinned to the ground. She got as close to where he could feel her breath graze onto his lips in this oddly erotic way. She made her intentions clear to him.

"Dean, Dean!" You snapped him back to reality, baby still in arms.

"Hey." He breathed out, pleasantly surprised to see you in front of him instead of her. He made up for his memories by kissing your face a million times, lips, then nose, then cheeks, then forehead.

"Dean, not that I'm complaining, but what's the matter? You act like I was gone for a year." You said, him still kissing you.

"Yeah.." he pulled back, going back into his tough persona, "I just, uh, missed you. We haven't really had a lot of time together since everything happened."

"Yeah, our timings never really been that great has it?" You agreed, staring up and admiring the details of his face.

"No, I guess not." He stared back at you, oddly confused of his feelings. He had waited a year to be with you, he obviously wanted you over anything. He made a pact then to not let anything change that.