xxvii.

Cain stares at you, grinning over the fresh graves. He seems not to mind them.

"What have you done?" You asked first, disappointed to see that Cain wasn't resisting the Mark.

"These bodies? Just cleaning up a mess I made a long time ago." Cain shrugged, "I don't believe we have been formally introduced, I'm-"

"Cain, and I know what you were. But you'd resisted for so long." You said, your breath shaking. You weren't afraid, but it made you angrily let down.

"What can I say? I got the taste back." He walked closer to you, "With Abaddon's army gunning for me, I had to take up arms again, and I liked how it felt."

"Those were demons." You tried to paint a difference.

"These..." Cain crouches down and picks up a muddy teddy bear, "Humans. Eh, the Mark thirsts for all kinds."

"This is a massacre." You pointed out.

"Yes. And soon it'll be a genocide." Cain drops the bear. He rose to be an equal distance to you, "My children, my whole poisoned issue. A lot of them out there right now. Killers, fighters, thieves, some more peaceful than others. But they still carry it ... the disease. If the Mark wants blood, I'll give it mine."

"You'll kill them all?" Your mouth dropped, "But you are Adam and Eve's firstborn. Your descendants are Legion. You can't possibly plan to kill everyone."

"At most, I'm culling...1 in 10." He admitted, showing the amount of his descendants. "I've got time. How's Dean, by the way? I hear he did good, took Abaddon down."

You didn't respond. Your shoulders drooping since there was no point to your plan continuing.

"He's not well." Cain inferred.

"Even with the First Blade hidden, Dean is losing his fight against the Mark." You told him, hoping for an answer, "If we don't find a cure-"

"There is no cure. I'm living proof of that." He spoke, "But don't worry about Dean. I'll get to him, in due time."

At the moment he said that you slid out your blade from your coat. You wouldn't let anyone hurt Dean. Not again.

"Sorry, (Y/N). You're not on my list." He said, turning away, "Oh, and if I were you, I'd keep an eye on Dean. Those who have the Mark often end up... losing those they love."

And then he disappeared.

~

You entered the Bunker to tell your friends everything. Dean wasn't happy you left without telling him but you brought them all the info you had. Sam and Dean moved around the table you sat at. Dean is looking at files and Sam goes to the laptop.

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring better news, Dean." You apologized for your failed attempt.

"It's not your fault." Dean let his shoulders droop.

"Thank you." Sam clapped you on the back fro trying, "All right, the sheriff gave me a few more names, some preliminary I.D.s on the bodies."

"And?" You urged, Sam had an annoyingly long pause.

"And it seems to fit your story." Sam confirmed, "I mean, there's no way to tell the relation to Cain, obviously, but he's wiping out entire families, one after another."

"So who's next? Is he done with the Tollivers?" Dean sighed.

"Uh, I think so." Sam shifted, clicking on his laptop a few more times, "I mean, Leon didn't have any siblings or any other children I can see, and Tommy was never married, so I... Oh, come on. Damn it."