lviii.

The black fog surrounds him again. Hearing only the wind blowing and wooshing past his ears that it made it difficult to focus as she turned around and looks at him. The full grown woman that captivated and manipulated him into continuing to stare.

"Dean?" You woke him up from his seat in the library, "Dean!"

"Yeah." Dean looked up, giving a look of guilt he grabbed your hand quickly. His heart was beating so quickly and he was sweating.

"You okay?" You said, feeling his forehead. You and Sam just got back from checking with the neighbors around Meredith's home.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Dean said, pulling your face down and kissing you quickly. You and Sam exchanged a worried look but Dean took a drink and he seemed like he was getting better.

"Just saying we got nothing." Sam let it go, "No one saw anything unusual going on at the house the day the baby disappeared."

"If this is truly the Darkness we're talking about, it's more of a time bomb than a baby." Castiel spoke from his shackles at the end of the table.  That word "time bomb" made you uncomfortable. Thats what Castiel used to describe your power.

"Yeah, but it is still a baby, right? I mean, the Darkness I saw was an adult." Dean, said, really not wanting this conversation, "So it still has to, uh, grow up."

"The Darkness is almost infinite power. I'm not sure what 'growing up' means in this case." Castiel responded.

"Well, God kicked this thing's ass once before, right?" You said, bringing optimism in and bringing it away from The Darkness.

"Yeah, it'd be nice if he put down the Mai Tai and show up for work." Dean rolled his eyes.

"I wouldn't count on it." Sam said, stepping back.

"It's possible he's around. Closer than we think, you know?" You shrugged.

"What makes you say that?" Dean turned to you, wondering if you had some new intel you wanted to share with the class.

"I believe he made a fairly definitive statement when he walked away." Castiel said. As Castiel is talking he stands up in frustration and you see him with shackles chained to the floor.

"Sorry about those, Cas. Till we know what's going on with you.." Dean apologized for the chains. He hated seeing his best friend like this, "you're still a bit of a wild card, you know?"

"I hate to point this out, but you both know who we might need to help deal with the Darkness." Sam said from his thoughts. It didn't click with you directly but it did with Dean. Dean sat back down and Sam opened his laptop.

"Don't even say it." Dean warned.

"He was God's scribe. He did hear about everything." Sam argued, looking up from his laptop.

"That's just like saying it." Dean said, they continued to argue back and forth but you noticed Cass. It almost seemed as thought he was vibrating with hot rage.

"Cas, you all right, pal?" You knelt in front of him.

"It's the spell." Cass explained, shaking the shackles around.

"We were hoping your angel wiring would fight it off or slow it down at least." You tried comforting him softly, trying your best to not agitate him.

"It appears I simply respond differently from humans." Cass said.

"If you were you human, you'd be gone. With you, it's like it's digging deeper." Dean said. You hadn't noticed but Dean had been listening in. He found soft you so attractive, since it was rare. He still really liked you regularly but this was just so adorable, he didn't want to miss it. Yet he covered it up so his brother wouldn't make fun of him.

"You know, Rowena's the only one who can remove it." Sam mentioned again all the tasks that needed to get done.

"We're doing everything to find her, okay? But so far, we got nothing." Dean pointed to his screen. You turned back looking at Dean, you had an idea. He knew what you were going to say, "No-"

"Dean, come on-" you stayed kneeling in front of him.

"What?" Castiel asked from behind you.

"Look I want you to control your powers but when its serious stuff like this that makes me nervous." Dean explained.

"But how can I learn to control them if I don't try things like-"

"Try it." Castiel said from behind you. You and Dean stopped bickering for a moment.

"You're sure?" Dean asked for you while you spun around on your knees.

"I'd try anything to get this out of my system." Castiel said, "I think you can."

"Okay." You said, getting up. Suddenly apprehensive, you carefully placed your palm on his forehead and closed your eyes.

Instantly it was as if you saw your power going through Castiel, finding each tainted vein of his. Your own veins glowed a holy golden color trying to heal the powerful magic.

The spell was so deep in his body, you barely even got through half of the spell before you fell back. Your hand still tingling. Dean caught you in his seat and you laid against his chest for support.

"Are you okay?" Dean pushed hair from your face, "Hey, hey, come on, (Y/N) talk to me."

"I'm fine, I'm good." You gasped back and weakly stated. You were coming back but had to breath heavily to come back to life. Your face regaining color.

"How are you?" Sam asked Castiel who looked at his hands, his red eyes returning to a more normal color.

"Better." He said.

"It's powerful magic, I got as deep as I could." You told him, sitting on Dean's knee, "I don't get it, I should be more powerful than an Archangel right?"

"Yes, but with all those years of depriving your body of power, it seems you're slow to grow into it." Castiel explained. You accepted it.

"I can do it." You said, "I can get rid of all of it it's just gunna take time."

"Unfortunately we don't have as much time as we'd like." Sam said.

"We're just gunna have to keep you two on the bench for a while, if thats okay?" Dean rubbed your back, your heart still beating fast.

"I can help-" You started.

"I know you can, (Y/N). But right now Cass needs you to get better, and we need you here to be our angel on our shoulder." Dean explained it nicely, you sighed. You hated staying here without them. At least Cass would be here for company.

"Fine." You said, slapping your hands on your thighs and getting up. Dean rubbed his hand down your back, bum, and thigh, watching as you walked back to the kitchen.

"Can you grab me some chips?" He asked.

"I'm not your maid." You rejected him, then got him his chips anyway.