xxi.

You and Sam sat in the detention office to learn about Claire Novak and try to learn about where she may be.

"Claire's a good kid, detective. She's smart, and underneath it all, she has a big heart." Sandy, the big boss around here, hands a folder over to you. "You know, there used to be a boy here. Dustin Tate. He was older, but Claire really took him under her wing."

"Is he around?" Sam asked.

"He works at The Weiner Hut. We tried to place Claire, but she always ran away. Sometimes for a couple of days ... One time for six months." Sandy told us, you could tell she was desperate and tired of Claire.

"Wow. Where does she hide out?" You asked.

"Wish I knew." Sandy shrugged.

"Thank you for your time." Sam smiled, then pointed to the folder, "May we?"

"If it'll help you find Claire, be my guest." Sandy replied, waving off the responsibility.

"Thank you." You said, leaving the room.

"Sounds like we need to go pay this Dustin a visit." You said looking over the file.

"Alright, I'll call Dean." Sam said, dialing on his burner cell.

He called Dean, telling him to hit up the closest Weiner Hut in search of a Dustin Tate. You and Sam sat in your car, with you at the wheel. First was a long silence as you plugged in the directions to your gps.

"Dean told me what happened." Sam cut the silence.

"Yeah?" You swallowed, averting your eyes.

"It's not your fault, (Y/N)." Sam tried to console you, "You were just trying to help."

"I invaded his dream." You said, your morality stepping in, "You know, it's like I read the guys diary or something. Thats wrong."

"In this line of work, sometimes the outcome justify the means. And Dean gets that, he's just vulnerable and he hates that." Sam said, fixing the gps to your dash.

"Thats not the part that worries me." You admitted, "Sam, I didn't even know I was capable of doing that. What if the Angels are right?"

"Right about what?" Sam couldn't imagine Angels being right about anything.

"About me! About how I'm just some radioactive freak! What if I touch someone and suddenly they're blown to bits?! Every other Nephilim went rogue at some point, I'm unholy! Literally. You know- I- I shouldn't even be here!" You broke down in the car. Keeping your eyes on the road made it easier.

"(Y/N), you know that's not true. I get it, I do. You're different from them. You were raised without these powers, yeah, so you have to adjust but we'll figure it out. We always do. Dean, Cass, and I aren't going to leave you alone in this. We're all freaks." Sam told you, calming you down a little.

"Dean can't even look at me." You rolled your eyes, you believed you were too much of a freak for him.

"He's my brother, and I'd die for him, but Dean's an idiot." Sam said, "He's got the Mark of Cain on his arm, that's hardly normal human status. It's just new, we've never met a Nephilim before."

"I'm still a person." You insisted.

"We know that. You were just kinda duped at birth, and if anyone gets that its Dean and I. We're going to figure out what to do about it, I promise. As long as the Enochian warding is on you, we have plenty of time to figure this out."