lxxxiv.

Dean walked into the park where he would be meeting with Chuck. The air was crisp, and the fall leaves gathered in the grass around the sandbox that kids played in. Chuck sat on a park bench eating popcorn.

"You wanted to talk. This seemed as good a place as any." Chuck smiled, watching boy playing in sandbox with blocks, "Look at him – endlessly optimistic. The wind blows over his tower, he rebuilds. Always gets me."

"If that's so, why are you bailing? When you see Amara, you're throwing in the towel?" Dean asked, upfront. He didn't have time to dance around the subject.

"Metatron. Loose lips." Chuck sighed, "But you think I'm a dick. Why do you care?"

"You're right I do. I think you're a dick for leaving and for the way you look at (Y/N). You know she didn't ask for Michael to—"

"My son went behind my back to corrupt (Y/N). I still created her, she was still chosen, meant to be a hunter and meet the Winchesters but not like this." Chuck complained like a little girl, "Maybe thats why I look at her a little differently."

"You may want to run that by her." Dean said, a little relieved, "But before you went M.I.A... you did a lot."

"Thank you." Chuck said, genuinely, "And what you call throwing in the towel, I call strategy."

"How is death by your sister a strategy?" Dean asked, confused.

"I know her. Her beef is with me." Chuck insisted.

"Yeah, but I still don't understand how – how dying is a – a blueprint for success." Dean scratched his head.

"I won't be dying. I'll be caged." Chuck said so nonchalantly, "I trade myself for... everything I created. It goes on."

"Okay, well, the, um, Amara that I know is... a mountain of – of pissed off. I mean, she spent a – a gazillion years in solitary. The only thing she's thinking is – is it's her turn." Dean panicked, bouncing his leg up and down.

"And I'll give it to her, as long as she accepts the deal." Chuck sighed, feeling Deans anxiety.

"The deal? What... She's gonna eliminate you, and then she's gonna destroy everything that you've created. She's told me this personally." Dean said quickly, he paused for any reaction from Chuck that he didnt get, "You started this. You started all of this, but does that give you the right to end it? You know, we're not just some toys you throw away. I think you owe us more than that."

"If my plan doesn't work, then humans will step up." Chuck said, pausing in his popcorn, "You, Sam, (Y/N), others that are the chosen will have to find a way. It's why I saved you years ago. You're the firewall between light and darkness."

"No. No, I..." Dean's anxiety wasn't helped with this news. He knew he couldn't hurt Amara no matter how hard he tried, "Look, give me a – a vampire, and I'm good. But this – God's sister? That is way above my pay grade. I... It... Bottom line is i-it's you who has to take her out. And look, then after that, you know, get a condo in Cancun. I don't care!"

~

You walked around the bunker in your jammies. Even though it was the middle of the day you'd really just gotten out of bed. Donatello sat in the library, you thought he looked extremely confused while reading all sorts of biblical texts.

"I got you a beer." You announced, popping it open for him, "I don't know if you drink."

"I do now." He shrugged, accepting the beer.

"Donatello, can I ask you something?" You said, his head barely lifting from his study.

"I don't know if I can answer, my whole world has been flipped. I know nothing." Donatello sighed, deeply and massaged his temple.