A Mega Hearth's Warming

It's that time of year again. Ponies are singing carols in the streets, parents are telling their foals stories of Snowfall Frost, the Apples are making cider for everypony to enjoy. Everypony is gathering at the massive new barn at Sweet Apple Acres to help decorate. Even Applejack and Haybale and their family are back in town and Braeburn and his new bride are with them too. Babs has come down from Manehattan. Every Apple is in town. For the Apple siblings, though, it's their first Hearth's Warming without Granny. Even so, they're not going to let that keep them down. Apple Blossom and Scootaloo have even brought their fiances. Even Bow Tie and Fleuris came with Candle Lit and her father, Candle Stick. Gemstone runs over and gives Bow Tie and Fleuris a great big hug.

One by one, every Apple brings out their favorite sweet treat to place amongst the holiday sweet. Plum Seed brought her famous Plump Plum jelly. It's a holiday tradition. Even Cheese Sandwich has brought his favorite food, grilled cheese sandwiches and mayonnaise. Pinkie made the biggest cake ever for the celebration with help from Pumpkin and Pound, Mr. and Mrs. Cakes. Double Dutch brought her favorite Hearth's Warming Game: Pony Dutch. Spike brought Ember and all their hatchlings. It's the first time Ember has ever been to a Hearth's Warming Celebration. Screwball goes and leaves the children home with Mothball and Moatha. Every member of the royal family of Equestria is there as well. Shining Armor and Cadance and Flurry Heart have also come. Twilight is ecstatic as she runs over and does her handshake with Cadance. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little shake," they say as they do it. The two then break out laughing. Shining also gives his sister a hug. He then hands her a little box. "What is it?" Twilight asks him. "Just a special little something for my special little sister," he replies. Twilight opens it and her eyes go wide. "It's a piece of dragon egg," she says.
"Actually, it's a piece of Spike's egg from when you first hatched him all those years ago," he says rubbing his head nervously with his hoof, "do you like it?"
"I love it!" She says throwing her hooves around him in a hug. She then goes over and shows Spike and Ember.
"That's a piece of my egg Twilight?" Says Spike.
"Yes it is Spike," replies Twilight.
"How'd you get that?" Spike asks.
"Shining found the remains of part of your egg and brought me a piece," Twilight responds. The two stop their conversation there as Shining pulls Twilight to the side. "Twily," he says, "I got a promotion. I'm no longer a captain, I'm a major now. Major Armor. Can you believe it?!"
"I'm proud of you big brother," says Twilight hugging him. "You've been waiting for that promotion forever now it seems and now it's finally yours! Good for you!"

After almost three hours and one clumsy Derpy, all the decorations are up. Derpy flies back down to join her husband, Doctor Whooves, and her daughters Dinky and Ditzy. All the ponies then break into song in the great big barn. "Hearths Warming is here. Let's all spread some cheer. Share a good deed both young and old. Like a never dying seed blossom in the cold. Now's not a time to look at differences but share what we all hold true: Hearths Warming isn't just a time of celebration, it's a day to change your point of view about how you feel towards others and to realize maybe you were wrong. Everyone has a purpose and everyone has a need to belong. So go and share another present, raise another glass of cider as we cheer. Hearths Warming is a time for warm hearts and love not misery, hatred and fear. It's a time to share laughs, tell stories and jokes. It's the one time of year we all love the most. From peasant to highest princess, from Phoenix to pony in need, we all share this special holiday that makes our spirits rise. We make each other laugh. We make each other smile. We share the gift of light. All troubles are put to rest and put to flight, gone out of sight. Everyone share the good things. Don't focus on the bad. Recall good memories you've had. It's a time to be happy and a time to be glad. Don't be gloomy and don't be sad. Share the love, the Fire of Friendship, and make the whole season glad! And make the whole season glad!"

"Can't believe it's our first Hearth's Warming without Granny," sighs Applejack to her brother. "I miss her Big Mack."
"I know you do," replies Big Mack, "I miss her too, but she'd want us to be happy and spend tonight singing songs and telling stories as a family."
"You're right Mack," replies AJ, "she'd want us to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Besides she's in a better place, beside Ma and Pa in the sky. Look there! Look at those three comets that just flew by! She's joined them Big Mack. Now let's get inside and enjoy some fun dancing with Pinkie and a story with Twilight over some of our apple cider." The two go back into the barn. They jump right back into the festivities with smiles on their faces. Big Mack goes and finds Cheerilee and the two share a dance. Applejack goes and finds Haybale and they do the same. It's their best joint Hearth's Warming yet especially since for Pinkie, Maud and Marble and Limestone were able to come to Ponyville to join in on the festivities. It's the greatest Hearth's Warming in all Equestrian history and will never be matched. The Equestrian royal family and everypony else can definitely agree to that.