Celestia and Luna Continue their Research

As the sisters continue to research, Luna comes across something. In one of the books, there's a note from Shadow. She reads it, "Dear Luna," she reads, "I know I should have told you before now that I am an embodiment of magic. I am also very much in love with you, my dear Luna. I've always loved you. You were always a sister to me, a friend when I had nowhere else to go and no pony else to lean on. When you were banished to the moon, I didn't know what to do wish myself. I watched you earn your wings. I was so proud of you. I'll always be so proud of you. Shadow"
Luna tucks the letter into her satchel. She has to show Shadow. She continues to look through the books. All the sisters can think is that Starswirl, the pony they always trusted as young mares, had lied to them, about Alicorns, about Astelle, about all of it except the Elements of Harmony.

"Did you find anything?" Celestia asks.
"No," lies Luna. "Nothing. The only thing of any use to us is that book. She goes back and retrieves the book they found the day before and they return to the castle. Luna can't help but feel bad for lying to her big sister, but ultimately, it was the right thing to do in order to protect Shadow.