The Return of Sunbeam and Moonbeam

A few days later, two Alicorns touch down in Equestria and head straight to Canterlot. In Canterlot, they find the library and there they find Celestia and Luna deep into the books on the floor before them.
"Celestia, Luna," says Moonbeam.
"Girls," says Sunbeam.
The sisters turn around in shock.
"Mom, dad, what are you doing here? Why did you never mention Astelle?" Asks Celestia.
"Astelle was our first daughter," sighs Sunbeam, "she was born an earth pony just like you and Luna were. She was different though, she didn't want to just rule Equestria once she was deemed an Alicorn, she wanted to role the world."
"Then you were born, Celestial Glory," says Moonbeam, "and we put you under Starswirl's tutelage. Three years later, Luna was born and on her tenth birthday was also put under Starswirl's tutelage. Celestia, you were an Alicorn at that point. Five years later, Luna earned her horn and three years after that, she earned her wings. You two then began to rule Equestria as we watched from afar. We were so proud of the two of you. You weren't a disappointment like your sister Astelle was. We missed you. We thought about the two of you every morning and dreamt of the two of you and your well being at night. You were always the first and last things on our mind. Now you know the truth," he sighs, "we let being parents go and put you in Starswirl's care to secure the future of Equestria. If we hadn't, Equestria would never exist or at least, it wouldn't be like this."
"We are glad you told us the truth," say Celestia and Luna, "but what ever came of Astelle?" There their parents refuse to tell them anymore and fly off leaving the question open ended and unanswered.