A Family Betrayed, a Side Chosen

"I can't believe they betrayed us, Sunbeam," says Luna and Celestia's father.
"They're just girls, Moonbeam. They didn't know it was us. We should have told them that before we told them anything else," replies Sunbeam in her soft voice.
"They chose their side dear!" Shouts an enfuriated Moonbeam. "They'd rather betray their own parents than join them!"
"We barely knew our own children," he says as he finally breaks down into tears. Sunbeam tries to comfort him, but there's no comfort she could give him that would ever be enough. Their daughters broke their hearts. They just have to live with that pain even though it's hard.

Meanwhile back in Equestria, Celestia and Luna can't believe that their parents are Alicorns. They always thought it was Starswirl's doing not that they were actually born into Alicornship. Starswirl hid the truth from them on purpose. Celestia and Luna know that now. Now, they can't help but feel that they betrayed their parents, because that's exactly what they did. They'll never forgive themselves. They had a chance to be part of a family again and they absolutely blew it. They've chosen their side and they know that too. They chose the place they've ruled forever over their home and their own kind. They would never go back and change that decision. Even knowing this, it still doesn't help the fact that they tossed away a perfect life where their children know their grandparents to save the land they love: Equestria.