004

Serena's POV

After Parrish found me last night, I told them I didn't have a place to go for the night. I mean, my biological family is in Beacon Hills, but I don't even know who they are yet. Plus, it would be awkward to show up to their door and just tell them "Hey, I'm your daughter. Can I stay over?"
And I don't want to go home, because I would just end up sleep walking back to Beacon Hills. My mind always draws me back to my tasks.
So, Parrish insisted that I sleep on the couch in Sheriffs office at the station for just the night. He also insisted on staying with me to watch me. I didn't try to convince him otherwise, because if I was Parrish, I wouldn't want to keep my eyes off me either.

A door slammed shut, and I propped myself up on my elbows. My heart began racing as I felt someone's presence outside the office. I moved the blanket off of my body , before standing up off the couch. I tip-toed over to Parrish, who had been asleep in Sheriffs chair, his head laying on the desk.
"Deputy..." I whispered, poking his shoulder softly. "Someone's here." I continued, looking around, anxious for him to wake up. "Parrish..." I whispered again. He snored loudly in response. "Parrish!" I said louder. The officer yelled and sprung to his feet, holding a gun at me.
"Did you sleep with that thing?!" I asked, smacking it away from my head. "That's not very safe." I told him.
He put the gun down and rubbed his tired eyes. "Well I slept with you here, and I think you're more lethal than a gun." He looked at me with his green eyes, and I rolled mine. I heard another noise, and flinched.
"Someone's here!" I whispered.
"Yeah I can hear that!" He whispered back, sarcastically.
"Well if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be hearing it! All you'd be hearing is the sound of your own snores!" I retorted, and I heard something again. Parrish picked up his gun off the wooden desk, before softly pushing me so that I was behind him. He walked towards the door, before looking at me and putting a finger over his mouth. I nodded, and agreed to be quiet. He opened the door quickly, and aimed the gun out of the room. There stood Sheriff Stilinski, obviously unimpressed.
"Look at you two, already having a sleep over together. Friendship goals, really." He lowered Jordan's gun, before pushing passed him. I walked back to the couch, and sat on it silently. Parrish sighed and put his gun in its holder on his belt.
"Sorry sheriff." He apologized.
"It's fine deputy, just tell me what you got out of her." Sheriff took his brown uniform jacket off and put it on the back of his black desk chair before sitting and waiting for Parrish to spill the information.
"Oh uh..." the young man pulled out the notes he had taken about me from the pocket of his pants. He flipped through the notebook before stopping at a page. He was about to read what it said, until I began to speak to him through telepathy. One of the many gifts I mastered as a hybrid.
Don't tell him. I said. He looked at me puzzled, and I shook my head. Don't tell him. I said again.
"Deputy, I don't have all day." Sheriff grew impatient.
Parrish nodded, clearing his throat nervously.
"Her name is Serena Elah Michelson. She is adopted and..." I looked at her again, and she looked miserable. Like I was revealing her secrets to the world. Which I kind of was. I looked back at sheriff. "She ran away from home because she wanted to find her biological parents. She was sleep deprived, and fell asleep in the middle of the road. The tattoos on her neck are temporary tattoos her friends dared her to put on when she lost a bet." He lied, putting the notebook back in its pocket. Sheriff nodded, believing every single thing. Thank God that Stilinski wasn't supernatural. He would be able to hear how fast Jordan's heart was racing.
"She said she sleep-walked though?" Sheriff asked. I gulped.
"Yes, because she didn't want to admit to running away. You know how teens are." Parrish said, saving my cover completely.
"Yes I'm aware. I have a teen. And not too long ago you were a teenager too, Deputy." Stilinski laughed slightly. "Well that doesn't sound like something we can't handle. Now that we got a name, we can find your home." He gave me a polite smiling before standing up. "I'll go run her name through the computer, see what I can find. I'll be back." He said, exiting the room and shutting the door behind him.
Parrish let out a large breath of anxiety before walking over to me. "Why didn't you want me to tell him?!" He asked, but I disregarded his question completely and asked one of my own.
"Why did you tell him my real name?! I can't go home! If I go home I'll end up sleep walking here again! It always happens." I told him, and he sighed. "If you do, I'll find you and take you to my house instead of here. Alright?" He said, and I nodded. It was a deal then. The next time I sleep-walk, Parrish will keep it a secret.
Sheriff soon came back in, holding a sheet of paper which I'm guessing had my information on it.
"Lets go? My police car's waiting outside." He said, motioning towards the hall. I stood up, gave Parrish one last glance, before walking out of the office. My head hung low. Sheriff lead me to his police vehicle, and opened the passenger door for me. I climbed in silently, and buckled my seatbelt.
Something didn't feel right.