013

Scott's POV

I got home late from the animal clinic. Stiles had been calling me like crazy, updating me on his theories about Alexander Shaw. I get that he's going to be an FBI agent, but he doesn't need to investigate every person he sees. But that's Stiles for you. I mean...he does think he's helping, and he only means well...but sometimes he can take it a little too far.
I got a text, and I rolled my eyes. It was probably Stiles. I unlocked my phone, to see that it was my mom telling me that she's gonna be working at the hospital late tonight. I sighed, setting my back back down on the couch of the living room. I sat down, about to relax when I heard a loud and fast knock at my door. I groaned, standing up again before walking to the front door. I twisted the handle, but before I could even open it, the door swung open and Liam ran in.
"Liam, what are you doing here? It's 8pm!" I asked, shouting slightly.
"I was at the sheriff's station," he began, ignoring my question. "When I saw this." He showed my a drawing of a strange boy, who had a skull painted onto his face. I looked at him confused.
"What's so special about that?" I asked, shutting the front door.
"I think he's the reason for the random kills around Beacon Hills. None of the scenes show any piece of evidence. He calls himself the Phantom Killer." Liam explained, getting out of breath quickly. I looked at him, puzzled.
"So? He's just some psycho teen? What does this have to do with me?" I asked, and he sighed, getting frustrated.
"Because I don't think he's human." Liam suggested. "I saw him at the high school. He killed someone. But the moment Hayden and I caught him, he disappeared into thin air. Then, something strange happened. We saw Ms. Martin, but I don't think it was her. I think he shape shifted to look like her." He explained.
"Why would you think that?" I asked.
"Because after we talked to 'Ms. Martin' and she walked away, she showed up again. She talked to us as if she didn't have the conversation with us earlier."
My mouth dropped a bit. "Because she didn't..." I mumbled.
Liam nodded. "Exactly."
I sighed, sitting on the stairs of my house. "How do we know it was him who shapeshifted to look like her?" I asked.
"Because when I went to go show the real Ms. Martins the body, it was gone." He told me. I looked at him in disbelief.
"This is crazy." I admitted, and Liam nodded. "Can I see the picture?" I asked, and he handed me the drawing. "Who drew this?"
Liam sighed. "Don't know, sheriff refused to reveal the witness. Well, she's not really a witness. She had a vision." The boy explained.
I lowered my eyebrows, looking up from the picture and to my friend. "Like a banshee?"
Liam shrugged. "Sheriff wouldn't tell us anything else. But apparently she's under Parrish's custody. I overheard Sheriff on the phone." He told me.
I nodded, standing up and handing the picture back to Liam. "To get any solid information, we need to find her."

"