011

Hayden's POV

The school announced a half-day, and everyone got to go home early since they were all soaked. My sister Valerie, insisted on picking me up since Sheriff let her out of the station early.
Liam and I waited on the front steps of the high-school, as my mind raced with thoughts. I didn't understand what happened today. Not one bit.
Liam was telling me about some lacrosse thing, but I couldn't help but not listen. Finally, I got tired of being confused and I decided to ask him.
"What happened back there?" I interrupted. Liam stopped talking, not expecting me to speak so abruptly.
He shrugged. "Not sure for myself. I mean, whatever it was...it was supernatural. Also a bad actor." He joked, and chuckled. I laughed and shoved him by the arm playfully.
"I'm being serious Liam." I told him, my face falling from a smile back to serious. "What did you see back there?" I asked.
He looked away, before looking down at the floor. "A boy. Our age...or older. Who knows." He explained, fiddling with his fingers nervously.
"So you saw what he looks like!" I exclaimed excitedly, but he shook his head no. I fell silent again.
"He wore...face paint. He wore it in a way that looked like the design of a skull. Eye sockets, teeth, cheekbones...everything was painted to his face. It was...creepy." He explained. I sighed. Whoever it was, they were smart, they painted their face so we couldn't recognize them.
• "We should tell Scott." I suggested. He nodded, and that's when I heard a familiar horn.
"Hey guys! Get in!" My sister shouted from her police car as she pulled up in front of the school. Liam stood, and helped me up, before we silently walked to Valerie's car. I got in the front seat, and Liam climbed in the back.
"How was school guys? You're all soaked!" She said, looking me up and down. I nodded.
"False fire alarm." I said. I wasn't lying, but I also wasn't telling the full truth. She nodded, before driving off from the high school.
"I gotta make a pit stop at the Sheriff's Department real quick, I forgot some paper work. You guys don't mind, right?" She asked. I shook my head and looked back at Liam who was also shaking his.
"We don't mind at all." I told her.

Minutes later, my sister pulled up in front of the department. She climbed out, and told us we can come in if we'd like. I agreed, and climbed out of the car with Liam.
Valerie opened the door, holding it for us as we walked in.
"Good afternoon, Sheriff." She greeted Mr. Stilinski, who was filing some paper work.
"Good afternoon deputy Clark." He smiled, before looking at Liam and I. "Hayden, Liam." He nodded his head.
"Sheriff." I said politely.
"You guys can take a seat, I'll only be a second." My sibling said, before disappearing into a back room. I sat down at a bench with Liam, before sheriff approached us.
"Half day?" He asked.
"Yeah, false fire alarm." Liam answered.
"Explains the clothes." Sheriff said, laughing. "I'll talk to you guys later, I got some business to take care of." He said, before opening the door of his office and entering. Before he closed the door behind him, I noticed a picture he had pinned or a drawing, on a cork board.
"Wait!" I shouted, before realizing what I had done. Mr. Stilinski stopped at the door. "What?" He asked, looking at me.
"Can I see that picture?" I asked, pointing at the one on his cork board.
"Sorry, that's confidential." He said, about to close the door. I stood up, and stopped the door with my foot.
"Hayden, what are you doing?!" Liam asked. I ignored his question.
"Sheriff, we saw him today." I told the man. His eyes narrowed.
"You saw, the Phantom Killer?" He asked, puzzled.
I bit my lip. "Well, I didn't. But he did." I turned to Liam, who looked confused.
"Is this true?" Sheriff asked my boyfriend, and he nodded.
Mr. Stilinski sighed before opening the door wide for us. "Come in." He insisted. Liam stood up, and followed me into the Sheriff's office.
The man walked over to the cork board, and unpinned the drawing of the killer he had.
"His name is the Phantom Killer. We had a witness-" he paused, as if searching for the right words. "Well, she's sort of a witness... draw this." He handed Liam the drawing, and he grew stiff.
"That's him." Liam whispered.
"Where did you see him?" The sheriff asked. Liam looked up at him from the picture.
"The school." He answered. "But he's not an ordinary murderer."
Sheriff looked at Liam in confusion. "What are you talking about?" He asked.
Liam sighed, looking down at the picture again.
"He's a shapeshifter."