037

Serena's POV

My eyes began to move under my close eyelids as I stirred awake.
My eyes fluttered open, before they finally came into focus and I saw a bunch of people standing around me.
"Thanks for the privacy guys." I said sarcastically, sitting up. I felt something around my head, so I lifted my hand to touch it but Jordan pushed my hand away.
"Don't touch that. That's for your injury." Parrish explained.
"I'll heal." I told him.
"Actually, Deaton said it's severe. It will take a couple more hours to heal that." Scott said from his spot beside Jordan.
I sighed, looking around at all the familiar faces I had just recently met. Then, my eyes settled on an unfamiliar girl.
Then I remembered.
She's the girl who came through the portal.
"What is she doing here?!" I asked them, clenching my teeth.
"Hey, calm down. She's a friend." Lydia told me, putting her hand in my shoulder.
Only then did I notice that I was laying on a couch in someone's house.
"Where am I?" I asked. "How long have I been out?"
"You're in my house. And a day." Said Stiles.
I moved the blanket that was on me, off, before slowly standing up. At first I was wobbly, but with Jordan's help, I regained my balance.
"You saved us." Scott said with a slight smile.
"Actually, Lydia and I saved us. With the help of..." I pointed at the man who had showed up with the shotgun.
"Chris Argent." He told me.
"Right. With the help of Chris Argent." I told the group. "Plus, if it wasn't for me existing, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place." I told them, and they laughed.
"So... what now?" Asks Sheriff Stilinski.
I sigh. "Now...it's my parents' funeral."

A couple hours later, we all stood in Beacon Hills Cemetery. Each one of us dressed in black.
Although my friends did not know my parents, they went to the funeral to show they're respect and to make things a little easier for me.

After the coffins had been lowered, it was time to go and let the men bury it.
"Ready to go?" Jordan asked me as he approached me.
I shook my head.
"Not yet." I told him. "One last goodbye."
Jordan didn't say anything. He began to walk away with the others towards the cars that had been waiting for us at the exit of the cemetery.
"Mom, dad..." I spoke softly, my voice choked by the tears I held back. "I did it. I saved them. I banished the son-of-a-bitch that did this to you." I muttered, as if they can hear me. Which I hoped they did. "I know you guys did your best to hide me from this life, to keep me away from harm and to keep others from harm. But that's exactly my point. It's my job to protect..." a tear slid down my cheek. "I just, wish I had done it for you. I should've protected you." I wiped the tear. "But, let this serve as a lesson. From now on, I will help anyone who needs my help. It is my duty as a hybrid. As a guardian." I sighed softly, before sniffling. "I love you guys so much. Thank you for keeping me safe. Thank you for everything you've ever done to benefit my life. You meant well."
I turned away from the tombstones that read their names, and began to walk away towards the others that waited for me at the gates.
As I approached my friends, I was instantly greeted with hugs and gestures of kindness.
My brother, Derek, came over to me and hugged me tightly, practically lifting me off my feet.
I might not remember my times with him as a child, and I might not know why, but I don't care. He's as much as my brother now as he was then and as he always will be.
"Home?" Derek asked me.
I nodded with a slight sniffle. "Yeah, let's go home."

"