020

Serena's POV

It seemed as if a couple hours passed since I ran out of Parrish's apartment. Maybe minutes. I couldn't tell anymore. The only factor that told me the time was the sun, but sometimes I couldn't even see it with the amount of trees blocking it's light.
I considered going back, but it didn't feel right. I didn't feel as safe as I thought I would in his apartment. But it's not like I feel safe anywhere anyway. Running away just increased my chances of dying. Especially at the hands of the Phantom Killer.
Even if I wanted to turn back...I couldn't. I've walked so far and took so many different paths and turns that I'm not even sure where the apartment is anymore. But I kept walking. I don't know why, I felt the urge to keep walking. It's like my body was making the decisions as to where to go without my brain thinking about it first. My feet would just take me.
I looked up at the leaves of the tall trees, and I can see the sun poking through. It had gotten warmer, which helped a little considering I was wet and naked.
Finally, after walking for God-knows-how-long, I came across a house. But it didn't seem like anyone was living in it. The windows were broken, and the front door was wide open. It seemed to have a burnt effect to it, and was probably burnt down.
I felt draw to the house, so I went in.
As my fragile legs took me into the structure, the floor beneath me felt as if it was going to collapse. I took it one slow step at a time.
There wasn't much furniture in the house. Whatever furniture was left, was either burnt or broken.
There were stairs leading to the second floor, but it didn't look very stable.
"Hello?" I called out, hoping someone was there. "I need help..."
The buzz of silence filled the space around me, and I sighed. I entered what must've been the living room, where a dirty blanket was laying on the floor. I hesitated to grab it, but it was better than being completely naked.
I wrapped it around me, tying a knot so it wouldn't fall.
I sighed, looking around the destroyed room. It must've been a beautiful house, I wonder what happened...
I heard footsteps coming from the front door. I spun on my heel, and ran to the nearest wall, hiding behind it.
"Hello!" Called out a feminine voice.
"No ones here. Why would anyone be here?" Another voice asked.
"Malia, please. You're not helping." The first voice argued.
The other voice, known as Malia, did not answer.
Their footsteps got closer, and I decided it was time to stop hiding.
I let out a long breath of air, and I felt my claws grow from my fingertips. My regular, short human nails were now replaced with sharp, throat ripping weapons.
I walked out of the living room, and saw the two females. One turned in shock, and looked frightened at the sight of my talons. The other female grew some claws of her own, growling. The strawberry blonde one stopped her friend by grabbing her arm, but she did not break eye contact with me.
"We're here to help you." The red-haired, short girl said softly, approaching me slowly. As she approached me, her eyes glanced at my neck. I felt that she was confused about my markings, but refused from saying anything.
"My name is Lydia Martin. This is Malia Tate." She gestured to her short-haired, brunette friend. My eyes darted between the two, and I noticed Malia's claws had disappeared and she calmed down.
"I saw you in a vision. I'm a banshee. You said you were too." Lydia Martin explained.
My eyes narrowed as I processed the information she told me. Then, I remembered.
"You're the girl I saw in my vision...you promised to find me...and you did." I muttered, my claws being replaced with my human fingernails again.
She nodded, walking closer to me. She stopped in front of me, putting a hand on my shoulder gently.
"We can bring you home." Lydia offered, her eyes looking at my neck again. But I shook my head.
"I don't have a home." I told the polite girl. She looked at Malia, and they shared a confused look. She then looked back at me again.
"Fine, I'll take you to my home." She told me.
"How do I know I can trust you?" I asked them, crossing my arms across my chest.
"Well...we have a lot of experience with supernatural creatures like you. And we have plenty of other friends who can help too. Like Scott McCall." She said, and instantly I felt a connection to that name, like it can help me in some way.
"McCall?" I whispered. She nodded.
"Yeah. Scott McCall. The true alpha. He can definitely help." She told me. I wasn't going to bother refusing their help, so I nodded, following the girls out of the house.
"What were you doing in the house anyway?" Malia asked, looking back at me as we exited the run-down building.
I shrugged. "I just felt drawn here, I guess..." I mumbled. The two shared another look, as if they can speak with their eyes. I didn't bother to ask why they kept doing that, and walked with them off the property.
"Do you know Derek Hale?" Malia asked as they lead me through the woods.
"Hale?" I asked, my eyes wide. "That name has been coming up a lot lately... but no. Why would I know him?"
Malia looked at me as if I was stupid. "Because that's the famous Hale house. His family lived there until an Argent went and burnt it down. They were werewolf hunters. And obviously the Hales were the werewolves." She explained.
I kept silent. I didn't exactly know how to reply to such a story.

Not too long after, we made it to an open road where a black Mercedes was parked by, waiting for us.
"You're welcome to stay at my house and borrow some of my clothes until you find something stable." Lydia insisted. I nodded, opening the car door of the back seat, before climbing in. I liked Lydia. She was kind, generous, and gentle. But I didn't get a good vibe from Malia. It seemed as if she...doesn't like me...
But it was fine. Because I'm not to keen on her myself.