010

Liam's POV

First day back at Beacon Hills High. It felt weird not having Scott, Stiles, Lydia or Malia here, but at least I still see them. It just felt lonely without them around, like a piece of the school was missing.
Mr. Finstock was introducing the lesson during health class.
"Male and Female Bodies." He said, before turning around and writing it on the black board with a piece of chalk. Some people looked excited, and some looked uncomfortable. I looked over at my girlfriend Hayden, who was laughing. I smiled, when a loud gunshot suddenly echoed throughout the school. Everyone froze in their seats, and I could hear their heartbeats' pace pick up.
"Stay here." Coach ordered, putting down his Coach of the Year mug. He slowly walked towards the classroom's closed door, before opening it slowly. He peeked his head around the frame, looking side to side.
Hayden, who was sitting beside me, tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to her slowly, careful not to make much noise.
"Do you smell that?" She whispered in my ear. I hadn't noticed the faint smell of human flesh and blood, and my heart began to race along with everyone else's. I'm no professional at terrible situations, but I think that the smell of rotting flesh is a bad sign.
"We need to warn them. Get them out of here." I whispered back, leaning close to her.
"How?" She asked. "They're gonna think we have something to do with it."
I sighed, pondering for a second. Then, I thought of an idea.
I looked to the back of the class at Corey, my best friend Mason's boyfriend, and tried to catch his attention. When the thin boy looked at me, I pointed at my phone so he'd know that I was going to text him. He nodded, and pulled his cellphone out from his bag.
"Do me a favour. Do your thing, and pull the fire alarm. Trust me." I typed on my phone. I sent the message, and looked back at Corey. He read it, and I saw his eyebrows lower in confusion. He looked up at me, clearly puzzled. I gave him a slight nod to reassure that everything would be okay. He sighed, before looking around to make sure no one was watching. Thank god he was the only one that sat all the way at the back of the room.
In a matter of seconds, Corey went from visible, to invisible, as if he vanished. I knew very well that he didn't vanish, but used his chimera skills to turn invisible and blend in with his surroundings.
"Well then, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." Coach said, laughing slightly. Everyone began to look at each other, not believing that there's nothing to worry about. Because there is.
I'm glad that the rest of the class can't smell the scent of human flesh, and only Hayden and I can thanks to our werewolf sense of smell. If they smelt it, they would've been going crazy.
Coach took a seat in his desk chair, leaving the door wide open, which was perfect for Corey. That way, he can leave the class.
I waited a couple minutes, before a loud alarm began to go off and water sprayed from the ceiling out of the fire sprinklers. Everyone began shouting, and I grinned.
He did it.
The entire school was soon evacuated into the large school yard, except Hayden and I. We wanted to find what or who had made that loud noise, and what is making that smell.
We took a couple turns into different halls, checking every class. The scent never seemed to go away. We checked the entire school, but there was no sign of a body or blood. Hayden and I sighed, the water from the sprinklers still falling on us. We were beyond soaked.
"I don't get it!" She said, getting frustrated as she ran her hand through her drenched hair. "I smell it like it's right in front of us!"
I sighed, before realizing what she had said. I smirked. "Or...maybe it's under us!" I suggested, before grabbing her hand and sprinting towards the stairs. We went down a couple of stair cases, until we reached a door that says "Of limits, faculty only." I tried to open the door, but it was locked.
"The basement's locked, and the handle isn't broken which means they didn't break in. There's no windows to climb in from. No one's in there." She said, but I shook my head in disagreement. I knew someone was in there. The smell was strong down here.
"Stand back." I told her, and she did as told. I took a deep breath before transforming into my werewolf form. I let out a large huff of air, before crashing my body against the metal door. It came crashing down into the dark room, and instantly I saw a strange man with long, slick, blonde hair, in a trench coat. He was standing in the middle of the dim room, looking at something, before he turned around to look at us. That's when I noticed he was too young to be a man. He looked eighteen. But that wasn't all I noticed...his face had a strange design on it, like a skull.
Before I could analyze anything else, he vanished into thin air.
"Who was that?!" Hayden shouted over the noise of the sprinklers.
I returned to my normal, human form, and looked around.
"I'm not sure." I answered. "But I wanna find out."
Then, I noticed the scent of blood and flesh had gotten stronger. I walked deeper into the room of the school's basement. Each step I took made a splashing sound due to the amount of water that was filling the floor. I looked down at the water, and it seemed to be changing colour. Instead of being transparent, it began to gain a shade of red. I followed the red water, until it lead me to the body of a grade ten boy. I was taken aback, and gasped a little when I saw the scene.
"What is it?!" Hayden shouted from behind me.
"The body...I found it." I told her. The sprinklers finally stopped spraying water, and Hayden and I shared a look. The fire alarm had bought us time, but time was up. I ran out of the room, pulling Hayden up the stairs with me.
"Who was it?!" My girlfriend asked, but I had no time to answer. At the top of the last stair case, stood Ms. Martins.
"Where have you two been?!" She slightly shouted. Hayden clenched my wet hand nervously.
"We...uh..." I stuttered, not being able to come up with a lie.
"We found a body." Hayden admitted. Ms. Martins' face changed, and her expression went from angry to shocked.
"A...body...?" She asked, and we both nodded.
Something didn't feel right about this conversation... it's like Ms. Martins was acting strange.
"The door to the basement was busted open when we came down here, and that's when we saw." Hayden slightly lied, but that was to protect my cover for breaking down the door. And for whoever it was that killed him and vanished.
"I'm going to call the police. Get to your classes, and get your things. Today will be a half day." She ordered. Hayden and I nodded, before Ms. Martins began to descend the stairs to the basement. Hayden and I left the stair case and walked through the hall.
"I don't think that was Ms. Martins." I whispered to her.
"No, it wasn't. Knowing her, she would be devastated about a child dying. Whoever it was back there trying to be her, they almost seemed...careless." She explained.
I've never heard of a shapeshifter who can shift to look like other humans, but I feel like that's the case.
"You two!" I heard a feminine voice say. I looked up to see Ms. Martins. And that's when I knew for sure that the first one was an imposter. Hayden and I have each other a confused look, before she started to yell at us. Hayden and I told the same story to this Ms. Martins as we did to the first one. And she reacted just like we thought she would. She was devastated.
I knew that I needed to tell Scott about this unusual shapeshifter, but that can wait for now.
"Take me to this body." She ordered, her voice shaky. I sighed, before Hayden and I turned around and walked back to the stairs. We lead Ms. Martins down a couple of cases, before stopping at the door which I had broken. The woman switched on the lights of the room, and to my surprise, the body was gone.

 The woman switched on the lights of the room, and to my surprise, the body was gone