029

Lydia's POV

As Scott met with Deaton to discuss something, Malia and I decided to stay at Derek and Peter's loft with Serena. But Malia was acting strange. She seemed distant. I mean...she probably feels hurt. She slept with Alex, who turns out to be the Phantom Killer. Which means Stiles was right the whole time.
I would be acting strange too.

"It doesn't make sense, how was I not able to remember you?" Derek asked his sister Serena from his spot on the couch. Serena was sitting on a chair across from Derek.
"That's what I want to figure out. Maybe someone erased our memories for a reason. To protect you from me, I guess." The blonde answered, sighing slightly.
"But you don't seem dangerous." Peter remarked from his spot beside his nephew.
Serena rolled her eyes. "Trust me, I am one of the most lethal things on this planet." She told her uncle.
Peter shifted uncomfortably in his spot, not speaking anymore. I scoffed, before getting a call on my phone from an unknown number. I walked towards the door of the loft, opening it before stepping outside. I then answered the call.
"Hello?" I spoke.
"Lydia?" A vaguely familiar voice said.
My eyebrows lowered. "Who is this?" I asked.
"Allison." The voice responded. It was too good to be true. And not to mention, impossible. But then again... it's Beacon Hills. Whatever we think is impossible turns out to be the opposite.
"N-no it's not." I stuttered, laughing slightly at the inappropriate joke that I thought it was. "Nice try. Goodbye now."
I was about to pull my cellphone from my ear when they began speaking again.
"Lydia, it's me. I can prove it." The voice known as "Allison" suggested.
I sighed. "I don't have time for-"
"Just turn around!" They shouted, interrupting me mid-sentence. My body stiffened. Every bone in my body began to feel weak with nervousness. I slowly began to turn on my heel, keeping the phone to my ear. As I did so, I noticed a figure standing a couple feet from me in the building hallway.
"Surprise." She said into the phone she was holding, which was still on call with me. She then hung up, but it took me a couple seconds to process before I finally lowered my cell from my ear.
"H-how is this possible?" I muttered, my breathing increased.
"I know a guy. And it looks like you know him too." She took a couple steps towards me. "Long-story-short, I'm not real. I'm halfway to getting there. Right now I'm just a spirit walking around Earth until my 'friend' can fully get me here. Body and all." She explained. I shook my head in disbelief.
"So...your friend is summoning you, back to your body? Is that even possible?" I asked, looking my best friend up and down, still not fully believing it's her. She nodded.
"You guys know him as Alex, I know him as my boss. And my boss sends me to do work for him, makes it easier for him." She grinned as she spoke. "Wanna know what he sent me to do?"
I gulped. "Scare the living shit out of me?" I asked with a hint of sarcasm. She laughed slightly.
"Yeah, but that's only part of it." Her left hand, which had been behind her back the whole time, held up a crossbow at me that she hid behind her. "This is what I'm really here for."
I began to back up slowly, before turning and running. As I ran down the hall, she fired and I felt the arrow enter my back. I screamed in agony, falling to the old, dusty floor with a loud yell.
I sobbed in pain, before I began to hear my name in the distance.
Lydia... someone called out. Lydia! Wake up!
My eyes snapped open, and I found myself laying on the floor on my stomach. Malia, Derek, Scott, Peter and Serena all looked down at me with a mix of worry and confusion.
"You screamed." Scott said as he knelt down beside me.
"I-I was shot!" I told them, my eyes darting at their puzzled features.
"Where?" Malia asked as she leaned over me.
"In my-" I paused, realizing that if I had actually been shot in the back, there would be blood everywhere and I would still be in agonizing pain. "In my vision." I told them, sitting up and rubbing my head as it ached.
"By who?" Scott asked. I considered lying to them, and saving them some stress that they didn't need. But they needed to know.
"Allison."