030

Stiles' POV

The night passed and soon morning came. There was still no sign of Serena, and the Phantom Killer was still on the loose, murdering whoever his heart desired.

I had been watching the news when a sudden story came up.
"Remorseless murderer also known as The Phantom Killer continues to terrorize Beacon Hills." The reporter said. She was standing in front of my University, which had no classes today along with every other school in the town. Everyone was advised to stay home. "Just yesterday he shot a female university student, who was pronounced dead just last night at Beacon Hills Hospital. Which was his next stop. Three doctors and two nurses were found with bullet wounds in their heads." An image appeared on the television screen. It seemed to be a drawing of the killer. "If you see this man, contact the police immediately."
I sighed, before switching the TV off. I sat back on the couch, leaning my head back as well as I stared at the ceiling.
"Hey," my dad said from the living room entrance. I looked up at him. "I'm going to go file a missing persons report with the news team. I wanna get Serena's face out there so people can help." He explained. I nodded, before leaning my head back again and continuing to stare at the ceiling like the mope I was.
My father sighed, walking over to me and sitting next to me.
"Being a detective is hard work. Some cases are harder than others. Doesn't mean you should give up." He told me. I turned my head to look at him, before lifting my head and paying full attention to what he was saying. "You're an amazing detective Stiles. You can't give up. I won't let you."
I smiled slightly, before speaking. "Thanks dad." I muttered.
He smiled back, before patting me on the shoulder. "You're welcome. Why don't you call Scott? See how he's doing." He suggested. I nodded.
"I'll do just that." I told him. He smiled one last time, before turning to the front door and exiting the house.
When I heard the door shut, I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my sweat pants. I clicked on Scott's contact, and my phone began to call him. He soon answered.
"Hey Stiles." He spoke.
"Uh hey Scott, how have you been? I heard about the incident at the university." I told him.
He sighed. "I'm alright I guess. And yeah, it's been all over the news, hasn't it?" He asked.
I nodded, before noticing he couldn't see me. "Uh, yeah." I answered, clearing my throat.
"How about you? You've been busy with your dad lately. What's going on?"
"Um, we've just been looking for someone. Some girl that Parrish was looking after and she ran away." I explained.
"Oh, that's rough. I hope you guys-" before he could finish his sentence, I heard a female voice in the background. And it definitely didn't belong to Lydia or Malia.
"Who was that?" I asked. He didn't answer for a couple seconds before he finally responded.
"Uh, I gotta go." He said quickly. Before I could even answer, the line cut off and the call ended.
I lowered my phone from my ear, before shutting it off and shoving it back in my pocket.