008

Parrish's POV

It was about 12pm when I heard Sheriff's car pull up in front of the station. I was working on the murder case that he asked me to look at, when he entered through the front door. I look up, to see a familiar, petite body following behind him.
"Serena?" I ask, shutting my laptop and walking over to the two. Her face was wet with tears, and her head hung lower than usual. She looked depressed. "What happened?!" I asked, looking at the sheriff.
"Serena, why don't you take a seat. Parrish, step into my office." He ordered, but not in a cold way. The girl sat down on a chair in the hall, before sheriff unlocked his office and I followed him in. He shut the door behind us and sighed, leaning on the door.
"What's going on Sheriff?" I asked worriedly. "Is she okay?"
He nodded. "She's fine." He walked over to his desk, leaning on it with his hands as if what he needed to say was hard. "Her parents were murdered. When I dropped her off, she went in and they were...well, they were dead. I put her in the car before taking some pictures of the scene." He explained, almost choking on his words. He pulled out his phone and the pictures from the scene, before showing me. I scrolled through the pictures, before stopping at what seemed to be a wall with bloody writing.
"The Phantom Killer..." I muttered. Sheriff's head lifted, and he looked at me. His eyes narrow in suspicion.
"You know who he is?" Stilinski asked. I shook my head as a no.
"But Serena does. She showed me a drawing of him." I admitted, pulling the folded, wrinkled paper from the back pocket of my jeans. I handed it to him. The sheriff unfolded the picture, before staring at the drawing of the boy with a skull painted on his face.
"Maybe he's related to the other murders?" I suggested. Sheriff nodded, before taking the picture of the Phantom Killer and pinning it to his cork board.
"This is the start of finding this Phantom Killer and ending him for good." He said confidently. I haven't seen him this confident about a case in a while.
He looked back at me. "Until then, she needs somewhere to stay."
I nodded, and then I realized what he meant. "Oh, you want her to stay with me?!" I raised my eyebrows.
Sheriff rolled his eyes. "Well of course! She seems to be more comfortable with you. We also need as much information about this Phantom guy as we can possibly get." He explained, sitting on his desk chair.
I sighed. "Fine." I agreed.
He grinned and clapped his hands. "Great! Now get Serena in here." He ordered. Just as I turned for the door, he said one more thing. "And try not to make things too...personal, between you two." He added, cringing slightly at the thought of me and Serena getting...personal. I laughed and nodded.
"No promises!" I said, before quickly slipping out of the room and into the hall where Serena sat silently. I approached her, and kneeled in front of her.
"Hey." I said softly. She didn't look at me, and I sighed. "Sheriff told me..." I admitted. "I know, it's hard..." I told her softly. "And I know we've only known each other since last night, but if you ever need anything, come to me. Okay?" I told her. Her eyes finally met mine, before she wrapped her arms around me tightly and began to sob into my shoulder. I felt my heart shatter at the sight of her in pain, and it felt as if every string inside of me broke. I wrapped my arms around her comfortingly, and listened to the sound of her sobs. Once her crying finally began to die down, I pulled away and looked at her, wiping her tears.
"Hey," I said, a soft smile on my lips. "Sheriff's a good man. He knows what he's doing. He'll find the killer, and bring him to justice. Okay?" I told her reassuringly. She nodded, sniffling before wiping her face with the sweater she's been wearing since we found her.
"In the meantime, you'll be staying with me. Protection reasons." I explained. She didn't seem to mind. "Why don't we leave early and head to the store and buy you some new clothes?" I offered. She shook her head no.
"Please, you've done so much for me Parrish. Don't worry about it." She insisted, but I was the one who shook their head this time.
"It's my duty. And please, call me Jordan." I said with a grin. And finally, she grinned back.
I was getting somewhere.