035

Serena's POV

As my fingers traced the cold, rusty metal of the compass, I watched the needle point in many different directions.
"What do you mean feel it?" I asked Dr. Deaton.
"Start by closing your eyes and focusing all your energy on finding the portal." He told me. I slowly shut my eyes before he spoke once more. "Finding Lydia..." his voice echoed in the back of my mind.
I slowed my breathing as my thin fingers gripped the Buscador so tightly, it began to hurt.
Once I opened my eyes again, I was in the same spot as when I first closed them. But this time, everyone was gone.
My feet began to take me across the rugged ground.
Where?
I'm not sure.
But I've learned to trust my instincts and follow wherever my mind takes me.
After walking a couple steps, I stopped in my tracks. I looked down at the Buscador, to find the needle still. It was pointing East. I turned my body and began to walk the direction the compass told me to.
Then, the needle pointed North.
I turned left and began walking North.
The more I walked north, the more the needle of the compass began to shake. And suddenly, I felt it. I felt energy drawing me in from directly in front of me.
I found it.
I shoved the Buscador in my pocket, before straining my eyes to try and see the portal. But it was completely invisible.
I still knew it was there. It's as if I heard Lydia calling me.
I slowly began to lose hope as I focused on seeing the portal. But it was useless. No matter how much I tried, it stayed invisible. It's as if it's hidden behind a wall.
"That's it!" I exclaimed, before realizing no one was around.
A wall.
I reached my pale hand out in front of me, before leaning in as if to touch something.
That's when I felt it.
The barrier between our dimension and theirs.
It felt like a regular wall of glass dividing our worlds.
I turned around on my heel, to see everyone was back. And each of them was silently watching me.
"I found it." I told them. The group approached me, and they all stood behind me as I kept my hand on the barrier.
"We need to break it." I told them, putting my other hand on the barrier, attempting to push it.
Which wasn't a very useful tactic.
"Scott, you're the True Alpha, you can break it." Stiles said to his best friend.
Scott looked around at everyone, before shrugging and shaking his head.
"I-I don't know guys...I broke through a barrier of mountain ash, not a barrier between dimensions." He told us.
"Scott, it's worth a try." Deaton reassured him.
The werewolf sighed, before walking over to me.
"Where is it?" He asked me.
I took his left and right hands, before placing them where mine where on the barrier.
"Good luck..." I told him, before stepping away.
Scott kept his hands on the invisible barrier, before pushing his feet into the ground and his hands into the wall.
You can tell he was using all his strength to break the barrier.
His eyes began to turn red, and his breathing pace picked up. Every muscle in his body tensed as he tried to break the wall.
But it didn't work.
He took his hands away from the barrier, breathing heavily.
"I'm sorry guys, I couldn't do it." He apologized, his hands at his knees as he slumped over for air.
"It's okay Scott." Malia comforted him, patting his back.
"How do we get through now?!" I asked the veterinarian.
"You're our last chance, Serena." He told me. I shook my head.
"No...I can't. I barely use my powers. I don't even know how to work them!" I argued. He shook his head.
"You can do this. You're a hybrid! You're the strongest here." I looked at everyone as they watched my every move. "If you don't do this, we'll all die at the hands of Alexander."
I looked back at Deaton, before nodding, agreeing to this insane plan.
"Fine." I told the group, before turning back to where the invisible barrier was.
I slowly set my hands on the wall, before shutting my eyes and slowly taking a deep breath.
Then, I began to push.
I pushed my hands into the barrier with all my strength.
My arms began to shake, but I continued to push.
I felt the barrier resist me, like to magnets of the same force repelling.
I felt my fangs grow from my gums, replacing my human teeth with sharp, deadly ones,
I watched the nails on my hands turn to claws.
And finally, my eyes began to glow a bright shade of red.
Then, I began to roar. I did not scream, our shout, but I let out a loud roar that sounded like one of a snarling wolf.
I felt the barrier grow weak at the palms of my hands, and finally, it broke. The barrier shattered at the tips of my fingers, leaving a large glowing hole floating in thin air.
I shielded my eyes from the glow, before looking back at the group.
"What now?" Peter shouted. Before anyone could answer, I heard a familiar voice behind me.
I turned my head back towards the portal to see Lydia in front of it, accompanied by Alex, who was gripping her by the neck.
"You know, it's gonna take a long time to repair that." He said sarcastically, glancing back at the open gateway I had just created.
"Let her go!" I demanded, my hands closing into angry fists.
He looked at me, and shrugged. "Okay." He smiled before lifting Lydia by the neck and attempting to toss her violently into the air against a tree.
"Lydia!" Stiles screamed.
As the girl flew towards the nearest tree, I focussed all my energy on her, my eyes glowing as I did so. The strawberry blonde then stopped in mid-air, before hitting any trees whatsoever.
I kept my eyes on her as she floated above the group of people, before softly setting her down on the ground using my newly found telekinesis powers that I had no idea I had.
I looked back at Alex, who was amazed by the whole thing.
"You want me! Only me! Right?! So leave them alone!" I shouted. The sky began to grow dull as grey clouds blocked the sun. The wind picked up, and suddenly, it was hard to hear over the whistling of the harsh breeze against our ears.
"But that would be too easy! Whats fun about getting what you want without a little fire under your ass." He smirked, before disappearing into thin air. Suddenly, he reappeared in front of me, his face inches away from mine.
He grabbed my neck, and attempted to lift me up. But I used the same technique I used on Lydia, but this time, it was to keep my feet on the ground.
He looked at his hand in confusion as to why he couldn't pick me up.
I grinned, before grabbing his arm and twisting it, causing him to flip in the air, and land on his back. He groaned as I roughly put my foot on the centre of his chest.
"Hey!" He shouted up to me. "This isn't a fair fight." He told me. I looked down at the blonde in confusion, before turning my head back to the portal to see a mass of people coming out from it.
The last person to come through the portal was a young girl with brown hair and brown eyes.
"Allison?" Scott said from the group.
I looked back down at Alex to find him gone from under my foot. I looked around until he reappeared in front of the line of people that his minions had made.
"Meet my team!" He shouted, his arms open. "We don't have time for introductions, so let me make this short and sweet." He walked over to the girl who had exited the portal last.
"This is Allison Argent. You all know her, I'm sure. Especially you, Scott." The Killer said.

"The rest of the people, well

"The rest of the people, well... they're the people I've killed this last week in Beacon Hills." He explained. He turned his head towards me. "And no, that does not include your parents." He disclaimed. I was hoping it did, so I can see them again. Even if they were fighting me. He turned back towards my group of friends. "Did you think that I killed for sport?! Come on guys! I'm not that evil." He teased. Alex's group stared at mine intensely.
Everyone in my group began to arm themselves. I saw Jordan and Sheriff pull their guns out, and I saw a couple others grow their fangs and claws.
"Group! Or...gang...squad? Whatever!" Alex rambled. "Kill them. The blonde one is mine." He ordered.
In a blink of an eye, Alex's group of dead civilians dashed towards my group of friends.