014

Parrish's POV

Around 9pm, Serena and I reached my apartment. We had been out most of the day, buying her clothes and other necessities. Her parents' funeral is tomorrow, and she was as down as usual. Every time my eyes met hers, it's as if I can see straight into her heart. She was hurting. Bad. And I felt my heart break a little more every time she spoke. Her voice was shaky, and depressed. I was willing to do anything to make her the littlest bit of happy.

I pulled up by the small apartment building, parking my car on the side of the street. I looked over at Serena who fell asleep in the passengers seat. I sighed, feeling deeply sorry for the girl as usual.
I took the keys out of the ignition, before opening my door and climbing out of the vehicle. I walked around to her side, opening her door and picking her up carefully. As she slipped into my arms, her head fell onto my shoulder and she continued to sleep soundly.
I shut the door by kicking it, and I made my way into the building.
Once I got to my apartment, I fumbled for my keys, making sure not to drop or wake her. I finally got the door open, and carried her into my place.
I brought her to my room, laying her on my large bed softly. I slowly took her shoes off, before grabbing a light blanket and covering her with it. I smiled down at her slightly, before heading to the door. I looked back at her one more time, as if to make sure she was still there and okay. Once I knew she would be fine, I closed the door lightly, and walked off towards the living room.
I threw my keys onto the counter, slipping my shoes off and kicking them aside. So many thing we're running through my mind, and I was stressed out to the max. But I only seemed to feel this way when I was alone. Whenever I'm with Serena, it's as if my troubles faded away.
I walked over to the couch, falling onto it and sighing deeply. I slowly shut my eyes, before i heard a voice coming from the hall.
"Jordan?" I heard a soft whisper. I sat up, turning my head to see Serena at the doorway of the living room.
"What's wrong?" I asked, cursing at myself in my head for probably being the reason she woke up.
"I don't like being alone..." she admitted, rubbing her arm nervously. I sighed in relief, glad to not be the reason she woke.
I stood up and we walked back to my room. She laid down on my bed again, and I watched her, before getting my desk chair and pushing it next to the bed. I sat in it, watching her as she closed her eyes peacefully. I closed my eyes as well, very uncomfortable in the chair, but I needed sleep and so did she. Even if it meant I had to sleep in a chair.
"Jordan...?" She whispered again. I slowly opened my eyelids to look at her, and she was looking back at me.
"You don't have to sleep there." She said, laughing slightly. I felt my cheeks heat up, clearly a bit embarrassed, before I stood again and walked to the other side of the bed. I sat on the edge, before laying on my back and bringing my legs up so they would be resting on the bed. She put the blanket over me, so we would both be covered. I smiled slightly at her. She was such a sweet girl.
Her head turned to look at me, before she whispered one last thing.
"Goodnight." She said, before turning onto her side, her back faced towards me.
"Good night Serena." I said softly, before turning onto my side as well. I shut my eyes, but I wasn't able to sleep with her right there beside me. My mind was racing with thoughts about her, but I disregarded them. We had just met. But my mind seemed to not care.

 But my mind seemed to not care