033

Stiles' POV

Just as Scott, Serena and I piled into my jeep, Scott began to get a call on his cellphone.
"It's Deaton." He said from his spot in the passengers seat as he looked at the smartphone screen. He answered the call, before putting the phone to his ear.
"Hello?" He said. After a while of Scott listening, he finally spoke again. "We're on our way."
My best friend hung up, before shoving the phone back in his pocket. "Derek's loft." He told me. "Step on it."

It usually takes about twenty minutes to reach Derek's loft, but today it took seven. I don't know why we were in such a rush, but I knew to trust Scott.
We quickly pulled up in the parking lot, and before I even stopped the car, Serena and Scott were already hopping out.
"Guys! Wait!" I shouted before stopping the car and hopping out myself. The three of us then entered the empty, run-down building. We began to run up the stairs, and of course by the third floor, I was tired. But Scott and Serena were still full of energy.
Sometimes I hated being human.

Finally, we reached the fourth floor, Derek's floor. Scott didn't even bother to knock. He pulled the large, metal door to the side to reveal Dr. Deaton, Malia, Derek, Peter, and even my dad and Jordan, in Derek's loft.
"Serena?!" Parrish called out. Serena gave a small smile before the deputy ran over to her and hugged her tightly. He probably didn't even notice that he lifted the girl off her feet since she was so short. He finally set her down, looking as if he saw a ghost.
Which was ironic.
"Where have you been?!" He asked, his hands gently placed on the blondes shoulders.
"It's a long story. Why did Deaton want us here?" She asked. The veterinarian cut into their moment.
"Because I think I know how to find Alex and Lydia." Deaton told us. As Scott and I walked into the apartment with Serena, Parrish shut the large door, locking it.
"Wait... Lydia?! Where's Lydia?!" I asked, noticing that Deaton said her name too.
"He took her." Malia told me. Malia had been sitting on a wooden chair, holding her abdomen as if she was in pain. Which I think is linked to why Lydia is gone.
"We can get into details later." Deaton interrupted. He walked over to a large wooden table, and we all followed him. Each one of us stood around the table, before he reached into his pocket and pulled something out. He laid the object, which looked like some sort of compass, on the table.
"It's called the Buscador. It's Spanish for seeker. This compass leads us to the closest crack in our dimension. Which is like a door to the underworld. Ghosts can't last too long on Earth without needing more paranormal power, so they always make their portals close to them to make it easy to return and refuel. Which means this door can't be too far." He explained. Everyone stayed silent, until Scott finally began to speak.

 Everyone stayed silent, until Scott finally began to speak

"How long have you had this for?" He asked. Deaton sighed, lowering his head.
"The whole time." The vet told him honestly.
"And you didn't say anything?!" Malia snapped from her seat.
Deaton ignored the accusations, before continuing.
"I say we find the portal, and we lure Alex out." He suggests.
"And how do we do that?" Peter cut in. Deaton lifted his head to look at Serena before answering.
"With her."