017

Lydia's POV

I stood in the mirror, admiring the outfit I had chosen today. Tight leggings, with a blue button up shirt. It was basic, but cute. I left my red hair down, admiring the way it flowed over my shoulders perfectly. I wasn't wearing much makeup, just a bit of foundation and concealer, nothing too drastic. I smiled at my reflection, before I suddenly heard a loud scream.
I covered my ears, the scream piercing my eardrums. Once it stopped, I realized it was similar to the scream I heard in class the day prior. The scream that had come from a blonde girl who's name I don't know...
I walked over to the large window of my room, and opened the blinds to peak outside. I thought that maybe it was someone outside. But I didn't see anyone.
I closed the blinds again, before deciding that I would ignore the scream and continue on with my day. But it happened again. This time, it felt like it was piercing my skull rather than my ears, and I got a massive migraine.
Once the scream stopped again, I grabbed my purse and quickly left my room. I walked down the hall, before going down the stairs, and to the front door. As my hand grabbed the handle, I stopped myself from opening it. It didn't feel...right. The handle was freezing cold, and my house slowly lost its light and became practically pitch black.
I looked around, breathing heavily, before squeezing my eyes shut. I willed myself to open the front door, and I did. A gust of cold wind breezed by, and my hair seemed as if it was dancing.
My eyes snapped open, and I was not in my neighbourhood, but instead, the woods. These woods seemed familiar. They seemed like the woods that I had been stuck in for days, with no clothes, food, or water years ago. Until Stiles and Sheriff Stilinski found me.
Beacon Hills Preserve.
I stepped one foot onto the dirt and grass, before stepping the other. The door to my house behind me slammed shut. I turned to run back inside, but my house was gone. I was alone, in Beacon Hills preserve. Early in the morning. The sun wasn't even out yet, and it seemed as if it was midnight.
"Hello!" I called out, but the sound of my own echo was all that returned.
I walked along the uneven ground, my breath turning into mist whenever I would exhale. The sun was barely out, and the only source of light was the descending moon above.
"Hello!" I called out again. Just another echo.
I sighed, before I heard twigs cracking and leaves shuffling in the distance. I whipped my head to the side where the noise had come from, as my heart began to beat faster and faster.
"H-hello...?" I said, a bit more hesitant. There was no answer, but instead, a body rose from the shadows of the trees and bushes. It seemed like a girl, about my age. She had blonde, wet hair, and no clothes on. That's when I realized she's the girl from the vision I had during class. The vision where she was holding two bodies and crying, with the words "The Phantom Killer Was Here" painted in blood on the wall behind her.
"Are you alright?" I asked, walking closer to her. She didn't seem to hear me. She was staring at the ground, her bare feet slowly carrying her along the dirt and pebbles. I cringed at how much her feet probably hurt from the roughness of the ground.
"What's your name?" I said, stopping in front of her. She stopped too.
She looked up at me, and that's when I noticed the strange tattoos she had on her neck.
Scott and Derek's pack symbols... I told myself in my head. I tried not to look directly at them.
"Banshee." She whispered. Heavy, dark bags were under her eyes, and she looked as if she hasn't slept for days. But she must've recently ran away considering she wasn't so dirty.
I was shocked at her choice of word, but then again, she must be a banshee herself. Most banshee's can sense the presence of another.
Perhaps she was the source of the scream?
"Are you one as well?" I asked, and she nodded slightly.
I bit my lip, unsure of what to do.
"I'll get you some help." I told her, putting my hand on her bare, chilly shoulder. She looked at my hand, and I quickly removed it from her shoulder before she looked back at me again.
"You can't help me. This isn't real." She mumbled. My eyes narrowed, before I spoke again.
"Just tell me where you are. When I wake up from this, I'll come find you. I promise." I told the girl.
"You know where I am." She muttered again. I shook my head.
"No I don't! Just tell me!" I said, my voice raising.
"You know where I am." She repeated in a monotone. I sighed, looking down and covering my face with my hands in frustration.
"No I-" I began to yell, but once I looked up, she was gone, and I was standing in my room again. "Don't..." I finished, with a whisper.
Even if I didn't know who she was, or if she was even real, I had promised her that I would find her, which is what I am going to do.
I put on a light leather jacket, before grabbing my phone and car keys.
School can wait.