012

Malia's POV

I had a long first day of University. Honestly, if it weren't for Lydias mom, Ms. Martin, I wouldn't have gotten in. I barely passed high school...

I was at my locker, getting my things when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I closed the locker before turning to see Alexander Shaw, the boy who was late to first period this morning.
"Hey." He said shyly, smiling a bit.
"Uh...hi." I said, putting my backpack on my shoulder and beginning to walk away.
But he began to speak again. "Remember when you said you needed a tutor in class?" He asked, barely even making eye contact with me.
I lowered my eyebrows. "You heard that?" I asked, remembering the time I asked Lydia to tutor me during first period. Of course, she was already tutoring Stiles, so I was forced to find someone else.
He nodded his head in response. "I was just...wondering if I could tutor you?" He suggested.
I held the books in my arms tightly, not quite sure of what to do. If Stiles knew that I was befriended the guy he had a "bad feeling about" he would kill me... but, then again, Stiles wasn't my boyfriend anymore.
"Sure." I said smiling. I grabbed a black pen from my bag, and walked up to Alexander. I grabbed his arm and wrote my number and address on it. When I was done, I put the pen back in my bag before speaking again.
"Be there around 6-ish?" I asked, and he nodded, smiling brightly. I don't know if he wanted to actually study, but I didn't mind.

Later on that day, I got a text from an unknown number. I checked my phone to see it was him.
I'm outside xx - Alex the text read.
I stood up off the bed of my room, and quickly went down the stairs. My father, Henry Tate, was out of town for some business thing, which left the house to just Alex and I.
I twisted the handle of the door, opening it slowly to see Alexander standing patiently. He looked up, his eyes meeting mine, and smiled. He had a sweet smile. The type that can make a girl melt. But I wasn't planning on doing anything but studying with him tonight.
"Hey." He said, a grin on his face.
"Come in." I insisted, opening the door. I found myself trying not to look directly at him. He was just so...handsome and distracting. "Did you bring any textbooks?" I asked, noticing his arms were empty. He shook his head as I closed the door behind him.
"I was hoping we could share?" He asked, and I shrugged. "Sounds fine. My books are up in my room, if you don't mind studying there?" I suggested. I tried to listen to his heart beat, to see if he was nervous or scared, but I couldn't hear anything. As if his heartbeat was non existent. But that would be impossible.
"I don't mind." He answered softly, and I nodded. I lead him up the stairs, before turning into the first room on the right. He followed me, closing the door behind him. I lowered my eyebrows, and he noticed my confusion.
"Oh, I study better in closed spaces." He said, and I went with it.
On my bed, were tons of binders, notebooks and textbooks. I walked over to the mess, before moving all of the stuff to make space for us two.
"Nice room." He acknowledge, looking around the room.
"Thanks." I said, before sitting on my bed. "Want to get started?" I asked.
He looked over at me, nodding before walking to the bed. He sat in the empty space beside me.
"What subject do you want to start with?" He asked. I sighed, looking at all the textbooks before picking up my science. He nodded, taking the textbook from my hand. The moment he grabbed the textbook, his hand touched mine, and I felt chills run down my spine instantly. His hand was freezing, and felt lifeless. I pulled away quickly, and he noticed my distress.
"Is something wrong?" He asked, but I shook my head. "Nothing...just nervous because I suck at science in general." I said, lying. But he laughed, flipping through the textbook.
"Don't worry, by the end of tonight, I'll have you proving the theory of time travel." He joked, and I giggled. At first, I was a bit standoff-ish, but this Alex character was beginning to grow on me.
"Okay, why don't we start with chemistry?" He suggested, and I nodded, pulling my notebook out. It was only the first day of school, but I needed to get as ahead as I can.
He began to explain diagrams, but of course, it went over my head. I tried to focus but I couldn't. Minutes later, he noticed my notebook was blank.
"Are you listening?" He asked, and I bit my lip nervously.
"I'm trying, it's just hard..." i sighed, putting the notebook down. "I'm just not a school person."
He set the textbook down on his lap, before looking at me. "Anyone can be a school person, if they try. Maybe you need to try harder." He suggested, but I shook my head.
"I try really hard. I highlight everything, study, but nothing seems to stick." I explained.
He nodded. "Maybe you're trying too hard." He suggested. "Maybe you just need to relax."
I thought about it, and realized he was right. I was trying too hard, and I was overloading my brain.
"What should I do to relax?" I asked. He thought for a couple seconds, before abruptly speaking again.
"Close your eyes." He demanded. I lowered my eyebrows.
"What?" I asked, puzzled.
"Juts trust me. Close them." He said again. I sighed, before slowly shutting my eyelids.
"Now," he began speaking softly. "What's something you love?"
I thought for a second, before thinking of something. "I love my friends." I said.
"Okay...think of you and your friends, in the woods. You guys are having a peaceful bonfire, and you're having fun. There's music, smores, and drinks. Everyone's smiling and laughing." He spoke.
I smiled, imagining the scene. Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and I were sitting around a small fire. Stiles and Scott were making smores (or at least trying to), and Lydia and I shared stories.
I felt calmer, as I imagined the happy time.
"Better?" He asked, and I nodded. I opened my eyes, feeling less stressed.
"Thanks. It helped." I smiled softly at him, and he flashed me his gorgeous grin back.
"No problem. Now, wanna try again?" He asked, picking up the textbook from his lap and opening it again.
I snatched the book from his hands, throwing it to the floor. I smashed my lips on his, acting on impulse instead of thought. Seconds later, our lips separated, and he looked at me with a mix of confusion and lust.
No one said anything. No one needed to.
He pressed his lips to mine again, but this time a bit more deeply. As he did so, he shoved all the school supplies off the bed making room for us to lay down.
He slowly laid me down on my back, and hovered his body over mine.
I know we had just met, but I didn't care.