027

Dr. Deaton's POV

Around mid-day, I decided to close up shop for lunch. I hadn't been getting many animals to help anyway, so a long lunch won't hurt anyone.

As I flipped the sign on the front door to say "Sorry, we're closed", I heard footsteps behind me. I turned, to see a familiar face. He was blonde, and seemed to be wearing some sort of face paint. But most of it was rubbed off.
He was holding a shotgun, and the minute he pulled it out, I began to run.
I ran towards him, pushing him off his feet so he would fall to the floor.
While he was distracted and vulnerable, I ran to my office, picking up a jar of black dust also known as mountain ash. I began to spill the mountain ash across the centre of the room in a straight line.
This would make a supernatural barrier.
The boy came into my office, before looking down at the line of dust on the floor. He gave me a look of anger, before approaching the line. He took his hand, and tried to reach it towards me, but the barrier acted like an invisible wall, and rejected his entrance.
He swore under his breath, before loading his shotgun and firing away at me. The wall continued to ricochet every bullet, leaving me unharmed.
"Why are you back?" I asked the boy. "I know exactly how to stop you."
He smirked, as if he was taking pleasure in my threats. "You think you can just condemn me back to hell, cant you?" He asked. "It's not that easy. You see," he walked closer to the barrier, his feet an inch away from it. "I've grown stronger since the last time you've banished me."
"If you're here to kill me, why haven't you done it already?" I asked the teen, who looked nothing like his real age.
The perks of being a ghost.
"Because I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to kill the hybrid." He explained, a grin growing on his face as he set his shotgun down on my desk. His eyes gazed around the room. "And I'm here for a toy. It's small...black...and it looks like a compass." He told me. I stared at him blankly. "Surely you know what I'm talking about! The Bascador."
"There is no hybrid here. And there is no Bascador here either." I told him, but he shook his head.
"On the contrary, my old friend." He turned around, beginning to pace back and forth in front of me. "I know she is here. And I know it is here. Let's just say I have a friend in Mystic Falls who offered to do a locator spell for me." The blonde spoke with a hint of mischief in his voice. Mischief that I did not miss one single bit.
"Why do you want to kill this hybrid?" I asked. He turned to look at me. His eyes had the same hint of hatred as they always had. As if he was mad at the world for some reason.
"Because whomever kills the hybrid, inhabits their power. I thought you would know this! Considering your supernatural excellence of course." He teased, picking his gun back up. "Anyway, I'm going to leave and let you call your team of supernatural teenage heroes." He told me, before giving me a slight wave and finally disappearing into thin air.
I sighed, before quickly stepping over the mountain ash barrier I made. I ran over to one of my many shelves, before opening a cupboard. From the cupboard, I grabbed a wooden box.
I set the box down on one of the metal operating tables I had, before opening the lid.
It was just how I left it.
Mountain ash was filled to the rim of the box. But there was more than what meets the eye.
As my hand reached into the mountain ash of the box, my finger tips felt the familiar cool sensation of metal. I grabbed the item before pulling it from the pool of ash.
In my hand was the black compass.
The Buscador.

"How do you know who he is?" Scott asked

"How do you know who he is?" Scott asked. I told him to meet at my shop so we can discuss what happened.
"I knew him when I was your age." I told Scott, and he looked at me in such shock. "He was my best friend. We both knew about the supernatural. I wanted to help the supernatural, but he wanted to be the supernatural. The boy was obsessed with turning into a werewolf, or a vampire, or kanima. One night, he was found injecting werewolf blood he stole from god-knows-where! The police were convinced he was crazy, and sent him to Eichen House. He stayed there for a couple years, and I would visit him everyday. Until one day, he asked me to break him out. I couldn't. He would harm others and himself just to be supernatural." I paused, and sighed. "He killed himself in his cell. But I continued to see him everywhere. He showed up at the weirdest times for a split second. I thought I was going crazy. Until one night, people started getting murdered. I knew it was him. I don't know how he managed to stay on Earth as ghost form, but he did. So I condemned him to hell with an exorcism. Before he left, he promised that he'd be back. Not only to kill me, but to prove he will not only be supernatural, but the most powerful one out there." I finished explaining, and Scott looked at me with a blank face. It took him moments of processing before his lips formed to finally speak.
"Woah..." the teenager muttered. "But what does murdering random people have to do with being powerful?" He asked.
"He's trying to find the hybrid that is apparently in Beacon Hills." I explained. "When you kill a hybrid, you get their powers. Since hybrids are the most powerful supernatural beings, it's basically a shortcut for him. But since he doesn't know who the hybrid is, he's killing everyone until he kills the right person." I told him.
"Wait, wait, wait..." he waved his hands, overwhelmed by all this. "A hybrid?" He asked, and i nodded. "I think I know who he's looking for." He continued, before pulling out his phone. He showed me the screen, where a picture of a blonde girl appeared. "Her name is Serena. She's nineteen. Lydia and Malia found her in the woods." He explained, before putting his phone back in his pocket. "What do we do?" Scott asked.
I sighed. "Make sure she's protected. Where is she now?" I asked.
"Derek Hale's loft, why?" He asked.
"Don't leave her side ever again."