024

Melissa McCall's POV

My day was going exceptionally well. I had an extra long lunch, I got a raise, but most importantly, one of my patients woke from their coma. Her name: Hannah Longo.
She was the victim in the shooting at Beacon Hills, and fell into a pain induced coma. She woke up hours later, which relieved myself and her parents. But she was acting strange...or...Paranoid.
"Dr. McCall?" She muttered from her place on her hospital bed. I had been writing down anything new about her behaviour, which wasn't much.
I looked up at her from my clipboard before speaking. "Yes, Hannah?"
She gulped. "I'm scared." She told me. Perhaps she was a little woozy from the pain killers we gave her. I mean, she was shot. So she needed painkillers.
A lot of them.
I approached her bed side, before looking down at the tired looking female. "Why?" I asked.
"I feel like he's here." She told me. We hadn't talked about the shooting. Other doctors and I suggested that we keep quiet until she's calmed down, and her wound isn't so fresh. Metaphorically speaking.
"Who?" I asked. "Do you remember what he looked like?"
She nodded in response, her big blue eyes looking up at me in fearfulness. "But...he wasn't normal. His face...it looked like a skull." Hannah explained. My eyes narrowed before she continued talking. "Not literally. But he painted his face to look like a skull. A human skull...I guess it's to hide his-"
Before the teenager could finish her statement, the lights flickered and there was a loud sound from the hallway. A sound that shockingly sounded a lot like a gunshot.
I look over at Hannah, ordering her to stay calm and not to move. She nodded, clearly terrified.
I walked over to to door of the hospital room we were in, before peaking out the small window it had. I looked around the hallway, not seeing anything, before a nurse ran past my door screaming. Followed by more nurses and a few doctors. Then, I saw what they were running from.
Making his way down the hall, was the boy Hannah had described. His face was painted with the features of a human skull, and he held a large shotgun. His trench coat dropped down to about knee level, and he had black boots that weren't so much black anymore...but red. And I think I know why.
"What is it?!" Hannah said from her bed. I quickly shushed her as the hallway grew silent. Hannah and I were the only ones left on the floor.
The killer stopped in his tracks, and his head turned slowly towards the door I was peaking out of. Before he completely saw me, I shut the blinds and leaned against the door, breathing heavily. I put a finger to my mouth, signalling to Hannah that she must stay quiet.
Suddenly, the lights flickered. Once the dim room was fully lit up again, I noticed a figure leaning over Hannah's bed. She screamed, but the scream instantly stopped when a gunshot went off in the room. I look at the girl to see a hole in the front side of her head where the bullet had entered. I covered my mouth, backing away from the killer. His head turned to look at me, before he began to walk towards me. His heavy boots thumping against the ground. I backed away, until I reached a table on the far side of the room. He began to get closer and closer, and I fumbled to find something on the table that could defend me. My hands gripped a cup filled with what seemed to be water. As he approached me, I threw the liquid in his face. She yelped, before using the sleeves of his coat to wipe it off.
I don't think it was water. Whatever it was, it was going to leave a burn.
He removed his hands from his face, and I could see the paint on his sleeves. I quickly looked up at his face, catching a glimpse of his identity and the burns from the unknown liquid, before he disappeared into thin air.

 I quickly looked up at his face, catching a glimpse of his identity and the burns from the unknown liquid, before he disappeared into thin air