034

Jordan's POV

"This is actually happening?" I asked from the drivers seat as I kept my hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.Deaton, Stiles, Scott and Malia were in the car in front of us, leading the way to this "portal". I was driving Sheriff and Serena.

"I guess so." The blonde answered from her spot beside me. "I'm ghost bait." She joked, but I didn't laugh. I couldn't. My palms were sweating with anxiety, and I was nervous of what was yet to come.

"Don't worry guys, they have a plan." Sheriff reassured from the back seat.

I noticed Stiles' jeep pulling over to the side of the road, near the entrance to the Beacon Hills Preserve. I did the same, stopping my police vehicle behind them. Each of us climbed out of the car, and out into the fresh air of the night.
It wasn't the best time to be out here, but it might've been our only chance. Once Alex figured out we knew where his portal was, who knows what he might've done.
"It's in there." Deaton exclaimed at the group that was forming around him. He pointed his dark, bony finger towards the shadowy woods of the preserve.
"Great. Just fantastic." Peter said sarcastically. "I say we go home, and let the blonde deal with this. He only wants her!"
Derek nudged his uncle in the ribs, causing him to grunt. "What?! We're all thinking it..."
Everyone else chose to ignore the Hales' unnecessary banter, and we began to follow Deaton into the mass of tall trees and large bushes. It only took a couple of minutes of walking straight into the forest until we couldn't see our cars anymore. They were indulged by the number of trees behind us that seemed to grow bigger and bigger as we walked deeper and deeper.
I looked over at Serena nervously, who seemed calm with it all.
That's something that I never understood about her. She was so strong, that it was mad. Her parents died, she's the top of the killers hitlist, and she is paranormal bait! Yet, she seemed unfazed. As if she already knew the outcome.
Which perhaps she did.
I never knew what was going on in that cute little psychic head of hers.

I inched myself closer to her, before slowly reaching my hand for hers. My fingers brushed the palm of her hand, and she flinched. Her eyes darted my direction, before she realized that it was just me, and she willingly took my hand in hers.
She didn't look scared, but she definitely was.
"Stop!" Deaton called out from the front of the group.
Everyone looked at each other in confusion, and I felt Serena's hand grip mine tightly in fear.
"One second." I told the blonde, before releasing her hand and approaching the dark man.
"What's going on?" I muttered to him.
The veterinarian kept his eyes on the Buscador. "We're here." Deaton told me. I looked down at the device, and watched the needle of the compass switch vigorously between directions. One moment it pointed west and the next moment, east. It switched between directions every second.
"Where's the portal?" Scott asked from beside Deaton.
"We aren't the ones who can find it." The Doctor finally looked up from the compass and turned his head towards Serena. "She is."
The blondes large blue eyes glanced at everyone, before Peter gave her a little shove from behind. "Go on, my wonderful niece. Find the portal." He teased her. She ignored him, before walking through the group and making her way to the front where Deaton and I were.
"What do I have to do?" She mumbled quietly.
Deaton handed her the compass before speaking.
"Feel it."