Chapter 2

I'm driving to L.A in my black 2014 F-150 Ford truck. A week from now is when I start college. I'm scared and all to take the extra step in school. Will it go well? Will I have any friends? Will I have a dorm all to myself (like I requested)? Will I graduate? Okay, hell! I'm starting to over think. Its actually feels nice to be driving alone, but at the same time, it doesn't. It feels like I have no one when I do. Ah! My brain be a killer! I still have an hour to go on the road. I'll take a break at a gas station or something. Grab some things to eat, feed the truck as well, clean it. Ahhh. I never expected life to be so fucken fast. Why am I getting sad. Ooh! Gas station 2 miles from now. Okay, I'll change lanes. To the very right I go. Ah! Motorcycle. Hell, I hate it. They be going in between lanes and shit. Not okay. Okay, exit 294 South. Yes, I need a Starbucks and some Denny's. USC, I hope you're worth a 3 hour drive, and a sadly seperation of family.
                          ~
I arrive at the gas station, Chevron. I feed my truck 60 dollars worth of gas, I think that's a full tank or almost. Starbucks and Denny's is right across the street. I drive over there. My cousin Marybell calls as I get out of my truck and lock it.
"Aye, you almost here yet?"
"No. I'm probably like 70 or more miles away from L.A."
I enter Starbucks.
"Oh okay. I just wanted to ask-"
"Mhm."
"Where are you going to stay over the week? "
"In a hotel, I booked a week's stay like last week."
"Oh, okay then. Cause if you didn't have a place I was willing to make you a spot here-"
"No, no. That's why I'm staying over in a hotel. To not cause problems. But before I book in, which is in the morning at 8 am, I'll go first to you guys just to say hi or something. I'll probably take a nap over there if you don't mind."
"No, not all. So, in an hour? "
"Yep."
"Okay, be careful aye."
"I will, bye."
"Bye."
I hang up, and order my Starbucks. Its Summer, two Salted Caramel Mocha is more than enough. They call my name, and I get my order. I go to my truck, putting the drinks in the cup holder. I walk across a small street leading to Denny's, probably 30 feet away from Starbucks or more. I need some protein. Or just some pancakes. I order a full breakfast to go. I go back to my truck. A car is parked by me. What seems to be a black Cadillac, like the one's celebrities arrive to an award show or some place. Car's broken down. I'm so curious I go up to the person that is just banging the battery with a wrench. I see Auto Zone is right behind Starbucks. Let's say 200 feet or 400.
"Hey, you need any help? ", I flash my phone flashlight to the person.
"Ah, um, I don't think so.", the voice sounds familiar. Like and grown boys' voice but not deep at all.
"You sure. Cause banging the wires connected to the battery with a wrench is not going to help much. Too, there's an Auto Zone across the street if you didn't know. Let me give this guy I check, will ya? "
"Well, um, yea, sure, I guess. "
He looks at me. I purposely flash the light on his face when he looks down an the battery.