Chapter 4

I arrived in L.A around 4am. My cousin, recieved me with open hands and food. She acted so welcoming. She never acted like that.
"I'm so proud of you cousin", she said giving me a tight hug. Me trying to at least breathe. She lets go.
"Yea, I never thought I'd come this far. Everyone is supposedly proud of me."
"Well that's good! You're like the 4th one in the whole family to go to college! And, probably the first to go to one of the best universities ever! "
"Nah. I'm just human. Not that important."
"Just wait til you become famous. You'll be in the public eye. You do know you're making the dream of family Esquivel true.... right?"
"Oh. I thought you guys changed but you never do as what it looks like."
"Wha-what do you mean?"
"Its all about the money and object still! You guys are going to find a way to use my future fortune to get what y'all want?! "
"We are your family! We deserve a lot to be taking care of you."
"You deserve? First prove that you deserve, cause all I've seen in my 19 years of life was the Esquivel family always fighting! For money, for land, for anything! First prove to me that you deserve. You may have helped my dad in his life and I thank you. I'll buy you house next to J-lo in L.A, happy?"
"You don't understa-"
"Oh, I don't?! Its all thanks to your guy's drama that my dad hasen't forgiven me what I did 8 years ago on Facebook! I was trying to help Aunt Sophia! Its not like the whole world was gonna know, like if I was famous by then!
"Well still you shouldn't have done so! Telling everyone Aunt Sophia is dieing, come on. That was a family problem."
"See how we're fighting right now? And who started it?"
"Us."
"Us? You! Esquivel seems to never get the greedy out of themselves. Only two men in this family know life. My dad and Uncle Jesus. Sadly, no woman. Probably only me. You think I like getting political? Hell no! But I have to defend the truth."
"No wonder you're also studying politics. President of the U.S. 2030."
"I or you never know. Future can't be predicted right. Even weather can't be predicted perfectly. I just ask for us to end this. Where's Tony and Bianie?
"Behind the door listening."
I open the bedroom door. Anthony taller than me. Bianie looking at me straight in the eye.
"Why did you argue with my mom?", Bianie asked.
"You know why."
"Welcome to L.A., " Anthony said, giving me a welcoming hug.
"Thanks."
"You staying over?", asked Anthony.
"No, got to check in a hotel in about 3 hours. Meanwhile as you see on the couch, I'm going to take a good nap."
"Oh, okay, well, congrats!"
"Thanks"
"You planning to do anything this week?"
"No, probably buy some stuff to decorate my dorm room."
"Have you seen it yet?"
"No, but they gave me a digital look of the dorm room and its pretty big. I requested for I to have the dorm room to myself, and they said there's low chances of that happening, so yea."
"You never know."
"Exactly."
"So, tell me about your crush."
"Shush! I met him today, but that doesn't mean anything!"
"Aha.... I see you're wearing the hoodie he gave you."
"Shut up, I said!"
"Okay, chill."
Marybell walks up to me with a plate of sliced up steak, mashed potatoes,and a lot of bacon bits.
"Oh lord! You didn't have to! I ate something along the way."
"Your mom told me you liked steak so much."
"Ah! In the morning before I leave, I will eat it."
"Why not now? ", she settles the plate on the table.
"Fresh orange juice works with it. But I swear, not breakfast for me in the morning. I've eaten too much."
"Okay, I'll get the juice."
"Thanks. Kids, don't you have school?"
Anthony responds, "You know I don't. But Bianie just barely went back to sleep."
"Oh okay."
I eat the plate Marybell prepared for me with pure orange juice. After that, I say my farewells early, going to sleep on the couch. I wake up at 7:30. Everybody is asleep. I open the main door slowly, locking and closing the door slowly also. I start my truck, off to the hotel in 5 minutes.