Chapter 6

I wake up. Its-I look at the alarm clock on the nightstand. 6:30 pm. Fucking fuck! I stretch on the bed, like a dog. I get up, call room service for a bottle of champagne. Its like they knew before I called that I wanted to drink. In less than a minute, guy knocks, with a bottle in a bucket of ice, and some plates of food.
"How much for everything?", I ask.
"Nothing at all. College pays.", says the guy.
"They know I'm here? Creee-pyyy."
"You were asked before reserving if you were a freshman, right?"
"Oh, yes, you guys did. But, why?"
"We know that around this time many students before officially entering college, they reserve a place to stay while they set up."
"Oh. Good reason."
"This hotel buisness thinks that scholars deserve the best and only the best, so we give them the best. Here. This is on USC."
The guy pushes the cart a little closer to me.
"Well, thank you for bringing my food ever so quickly. You accept tips?"
"Well, there's not really a yes or no to that question. People whatsoever always give me tips.", the guy scratches the back of head.
"Here.", I hand over 20, 10 for the good-ass champagne and food and 10 for the fastness.
"Oh my. Thank you. Very much."
"No prob."
The guys walks out, "Good night."
I reply, "Good night, " waving.
The guy closes the door. I put up the door knob hanger again.
I get a cup for my champagne, 2 sips, done. For dinner, some steak with mashed potatoes in a bowl topped with bacon bits and green onion. I eat and drink. Dessert? One of my most favorite. 2 Crepes. Banana and strawberry with fluffly wip cream, then folded almost like a burrito, glazed in zig-zag form with chocolate syrup. Ah! Fuck. No wonder they made me take that fucken survey before I reserved a week here. Hotels are awesome.
My phone rings. Its Ethan. Oh no. I get my first crepe. I answer.
"Hi.", I say.
"Hi.", says Ethan.
"What's good?"
"The sandwich I just ate."
"No," I giggle, "What's up."
"The sky."
"Fucking fuck with the puns!"
Ethan laughs. He laughs? Uh oh. I'm turning red. I slowly eat my crepe.
"Welp, I just wanted to ask you if, um... "
A loud whisper sounds in the background.
"Just say you wanna go out for a bit!" Its either Mark or Tyler. No, feminine voice. Amy? Yes. Its fucken Amy. Ugghh, you'll pay for destroying my friends' dream. I'm just kidding. She chill, I chill.
"Um, hello?", I ask.
"Uh, em, srry.", says Ethan.
"So, what was it you were trying to say?"
"Um.... "
Amy's voice is in the background, "Just say it dude!"
"I WANNA GO OUT WITH YOU FOR A BIT.... ", Ethan says fastly.
I'm on the last bite of my crepe. I look around, asking myself if this is a dream. I pinch myself. No pain. I slap myself. No pain.
"Oh lord, no, please.", I say.
I punch myself as hard as I could. Pain.
"I'm fucken awake.", I whisper, phone still by my ear.
"What now?", asks Ethan.
"Uh, no-
"Well, I least I tried."
"Let me finish god dammit! I accept your request. What time?"
I'm on my bed, walking on it, slightly jumping.
"Oh, em, " Ethan chuckles, "8:00 pm. At the restaurant address I just sent you." Text appears on my phone.
"Got it. 1 hour and a half is enough time."
"Okay. If you cha-"
"No, I won't."
"Okay. So, see you later?"
"Don't doubt it."
"Okay, um, bye."
"Bye."
"He has a crush on you!", Amy says loudly on the phone. I hear her laugh and Ethan's sweet scolding.
He hangs up.
I put my last crepe in the mini refrigerator.
"Tonight is going to be a good night!", I smile, holding my phone, staring blankly at the ground for a moment, than falling onto my bed. I take a good shower, brush teeth and then get ready. I choose either casual clothes or dress. Ah! Fuck it. Casual. Combat boots, burgundy Aeropostale jeans, trendy black shirt, a mood necklace/choker, and a " hand made" cardigan. Kind of messy bun, a little bit of make up. Some more details. Bath and Body Works perfume, men deodorant (lasts longer than women deodorant), and my phone, keys and little long fancy wallet.
"7:43pm. Okay.", I say to myself. I fix some minor details. "Ready." I open door, shutting all lights.
I head down into the main floor. I go outside, unlocking my truck when by it. I get in, start the truck. Click on address, go to navigation, and I'm on my way to being with Ethan. I blush when thinking about it.