Epilogue - 1

Epilogue - Part One

The Miracle Twins

"You're going to get us in so much trouble."

"Quiet, Nathan! You're going to get us caught!"

"Says you! You're the one practically yelling in my ear."

"Both of you - shut up!"

Nathaniel Eaton crossed his arms, heaving a sigh and mumbling incoherent words. He didn't want to be here - he wanted to be back in bed, indulged in a good book. He only came out because of his twin sister, Kristine Eaton, who was always getting herself into trouble with their neighbor, Cain.

Both Eaton children had taken after their father - they got his height and power demeanor, something others feared of them. Nathaniel had grown up with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes, full lips, and a broad complex, although he preferred spending his time reading and inventing.

Kristine Eaton, one day out of the blue, had adopted a rebellious attitude. It had started when they were thirteen, their neighbor Cain was fifteen. He introduced her to a whole different world - one of rebellions and risks. She happily joined, sick of trying to be the perfect daughter her father wanted her to be. Her mother tried to understand her exotic behavior, but Kristine was stubborn and refused to let her in. Much like her mother.

She was identical with her brother to every detail except her broad complex. She carried a petite one, although her height stated otherwise. Her hair was long and blonde, her eyes bright blue, and she had full lips that Cain would always stare at. Cain had an immense crush on her, and he's acted on it a couple of times but was rejected.

Now, the twins were fifteen and all three of them were huddled up, dressed in black, attempting to break into the town equestrian center.

"You didn't have to come." Kristine snapped at her brother.

"Yes, I did. I'm your big brother-"

"By thirty seconds!"

"Whatever. Mom and Dad would want me to be here."

Kristine rolled her eyes and looked back at Cain. "Well? What's taking so long?"

"The lock is hard and I don't see you trying anything."

"That's because it wasn't my idea," Kristine sighed and pondered before looking at her brother. "You know how to pitch a lock!"

Nathaniel became suddenly flustered. "No I don't."

"Yes you do. You read those kind of technical books all the time. Come on, Nathan, please."

"What's so important about those horses anyways?"

"The rush."

"That's not a valid excuse, and I'm in no way helping you perform a breaking and entering. Looks like your plan failed, lets go home before Mom and Dad find out we're gone."

Kristine pursed her lips and walked up to Cain, motivating him more. Nathaniel watched, crossing his arms and praying Cain would fail at unlocking the lock. His prayers were answered, but Cain didn't succeed because he was too busy dropping his tool and running in the opposite direction.

Once Kristine saw the flash of a flashlight in their direction as well, she grabbed on her brother's hand and pulled him with her on a running spree after Cain. They ran fast through the woods, Kristine cheering and laughing.