Chapter Sixty Two

"I'm going down there." Beatrice said forcefully.

"No, you're not. You're in pain." Christina replied.

"You're supposed to be my best friend. I know someone is in the castle, and I know the people down there are in danger. Let me go down there."

"No." Christina repeated.

"When the attack came I risked my life to go and save yours. Why aren't you letting me to the same for my parents and my husband?"

"Because Tobias is handling it, and he's asked that you stay here and stop being so stubborn."

"I'm Queen to this kingdom, it's my responsibility."

"You are first a mother, then a queen. You have a baby to think about right now, stop being so selfish."

"Selfish?" Beatrice stood to her be at her level, but leaned against the wall instead. Her stomach had become too heavy to carry at the moment. "I'm trying to protect my family."

"Your family is also here, in this room, in your stomach. Look at Aaron - look at him. You don't think I want to go down and help? I do, but I won't, because my duty as a mother comes first."

Beatrice looked up at her best friend. She placed a hand under her stomach and sighed, looking back down at Aaron. He was asleep in the bassinet, stirring in his sleep. She sighed and nodded, sitting back down. "If he dies, I'll die too."

~

Tobias was unsure what his next actions would be to address the very big problem presented in front of him.

He was the King now, he had to do something.

Innocent people were here, and his very own father was waving a gun around and threatening everyone's lives.

Marcus, who had entered and killed the guards and escaped prison.

"Put the gun down, Marcus." Tobias managed to say.

Marcus laughed and shook his head. "Oh come on, I missed the dinner. Let's have dessert now. All together. Like family."

"We're no family of yours," Evelyn screamed at him. "You're a disgusting and sick person!"

"Mother," Tobias lifted his hand to have her stop talking. He returned to his father, who was smiling smugly at him. "Drop the gun, Marcus, and we'll talk."

"Until I die, son, there are two kings in this kingdom. You and your mother impeached me, but you never removed the title from my name. I still had loyal subjects working in that prison, and they helped me escape. Of course, I killed them afterwards, and now I'm here to join this family reunion, which I've realized you oh-so-rudely started without me. I'm still King, therefore you don't have any right ordering me around. I am your father-"

"My father died the day he kidnapped my wife."

Natalie, who was standing beside her husband, choked on tears. Her knees buckled in and she fell to the ground, slipping right through Andrew's hands. She cried loudly on the floor, holding her heart. Andrew crouched down and wrapped his arms around her, trying to comfort her.

They didn't know their daughter was kidnapped by King Marcus. Beatrice never told them.

"Look what you're doing. You want redemption? Drop the gun and come with me - let's talk." Tobias offered, extending his hand to retrieve the gun.

Marcus stepped back and smiled at the view of the family on the floor - in pain. He turned back to his son and shook his head. "Say, where is that wife of yours? I know she's in the castle somewhere, why don't you save the embarrassment and point me to where she is."