Chapter Sixty One

The dinner table was set with seven plates. Tobias sat down at the end with Beatrice to his right and his mother across. Julian sat next to his sister, and beside Beatrice was her family.

Tobias stood and lifted his glass. "I'd like to propose this toast to my lovely wife, Beatrice, and to our growing family."

Evelyn stood as well. "And may you both bring beautiful heirs to this kingdom and our Royal Family."

Julian joined. "And, may Tobias's reign as king be nothing but successful."

"To our future," Tobias finished, looking at his wife. "Together."

"Together." She repeated before taking a drink of her bubbly water, and the rest downing their champagne.

Conversations resumed.

Tobias flirted with Beatrice, which only made her blush throughout the whole dinner. They held hands and talked indistinctively. Their relationship was completely perfect in that moment.

When dinner had ended, they all took their drinks and continued conversations. Beatrice was speaking with her father when Tobias walked over to Caleb. He smiled, gripping his glass. Caleb scoffed, putting down his glass.

"Are you here to call me a chihuahua, Tobias?" Caleb said harshly.

"No, Caleb, I'm not. I think as grown men we are passed that. I married your sister, and we're expecting a child. I don't think my wife needs a grown child to worry about on top of that."

Caleb nodded, snickering. "You're funny."

"I get that a lot."

With a final scoff, Caleb shrugged and took his cup. "I still hate you. I'll always hate you and your kind."

"My kind?"

"You know, royals. You've done nothing but corrupt our kingdom and ruined lives. I don't know how you can go to sleep at night."

"In your sister's arms."

Caleb clinched his fist and might have acted on it had Beatrice not intervened. She looked hopelessly at Tobias, pleading that he wouldn't start a fight with her brother again.

"Caleb, I think Mother is looking for you." Beatrice lied. He gave one last glare at Tobias before leaving. Tobias began chuckling silently, looking away so no one can see. "It's not funny, Tobias." She said scoldingly.

"It's a little funny." Beatrice rolled her eyes and walked away. Tobias sighed and quickly took her arm, bringing her back to him. "I'm sorry, it's not funny, you're right. I want to show you something, can you come with me?"

Beatrice nodded and let Tobias hold her hand. They walked outside, excusing themselves, and walked in the hallways. Tobias led her up the stairs and walked in the direction of their bedroom. She stopped and looked up at him, giggling softly. "Tobias not now. My parents are downstairs, and I don't want anyone thinking anything."

"Were not going there," Tobias smiled as he continued their walk. "Besides, let them think whatever they want." Tobias stopped in front of a door, right next to their bedroom door. He placed a soft kiss on her cheek before placing a hand on the doorknob. "I know we've been busy, you and I, with your pregnancy and me being king. I know it's put a small strain on our relationship, but," he placed the other hand on her stomach. "This should fix everything."

Tobias opened the door and led them inside the dark room. He switched on the light and illuminated the room. Beatrice gasped, covering her mouth. The other hand was placed over her heart as she admired the room.