Epilogue - 3

Epilogue Part Three

That Happened Fifteen Years Ago

"You have the wrong house, sir." Beatrice rushed out as she hurried to Tobias' side.

"Your highness," the man repeated. "I've been sent here by Prime Minister Will and his wife to retrieve you and your family. The King of this kingdom has been notified already, and King Julian wishes to pass on the message that if you will not come today he'll have to come over," his voice lowered. "Your cover, my princess, will be blown either way."

Beatrice turned around to look at her children, whose eyes were filled with interest. "Go upstairs to your room, now. Your father and I will deal with this. Go!"

Nathan didn't try and protest as Kristine grabbed him by the arm and hauled him upstairs. They quickly ran into their room and closed the door behind them, looking at each other.

He was right. Nathan's conspiracy, miraculously, had been confirmed.

"Holy shit!" Kristine exclaimed loudly. "You were right!"

"I know! I can't believe this is happening." Nathan said with a big smile. "You know what this means?"

"That our lives have been one giant lie?" Kristine said angrily.

"No," he said excitedly. "We are descended from this - Royalty! We're Royals!" With one quick gesture, he pulls down the sleeve of his shirt. "I. Was. Right."

"Nathan, this isn't good news. Our last names, they're most likely fake. Our whole lives - they're fake. Our parents are liars."

"We don't know that, Kristi, stop being so judgmental. Let's just listen, okay? Open the door a little."

Kristine poked her head out and watched her mother pace around the living room, glancing every second at Tobias, who was silent.

In all fairness, Tobias and Beatrice really didn't know what to do. For the past fifteen years, they've lived under the shelter of an undercover life, and swore they would never return to their kingdom.

And now, this man had interrupted their lives, where they are forced with no decision for themselves to leave their tranquil lives and become Royalty again.

"Do you realize what you're asking of us? You want us to leave so abruptly and go back to the lives that drew us out? You can go get King Julian, and you can tell him to come here and explain to me what the hell is going on!" Tobias rushed out angrily.

Beatrice approached him and placed her hand on him. "Tobias, think about this for a second. Maybe we should go..." she looked down at her stomach and placed her other hand on it. "Think of our future."

"Isn't that exactly what you said fifteen years ago when you wanted to move here?" He said sharply.

"Are you kidding me right now? You're comparing our situation now to the one fifteen years ago? Tobias, you...you..." she sighed and looked down, lowering her voice, "everything had just happened with...Marcus, and you weren't okay, and - we had to leave okay? We had to."

Tobias looked away, knowing she was right and not wanting to look at her. It was his fault that they left the castle - it was his father's blood than ran in his veins that made him kill Marcus. Tobias looked up the answer the man at the door but found him disappeared. Gone.