Chapter Fifty Two

"Finally, some alone time," Tobias mumbled as he kissed Beatrice's hair.

Beatrice smiled and leaned her head against Tobias' shoulder. They were sitting down on the grass looking at the waterfall. They decided to watch the sunset together setting behind the rocks.

"This is such a beautiful view," Beatrice admired. "I can't believe us happened here."

Tobias took her hand and stroked the golden wedding band on her finger. "And look where we are now."

When the sun had finally set, Tobias stood and helped Beatrice to her feet. He picked up his jacket that he had lied down on the floor for her to sit down, so her dress wouldn't be ruined by the grass. She smiled and kissed him one last time on the cheek. They didn't speak - instead enjoyed the silence between them.

They walked back to the castle, their hands entangled together. Two of the guards opened the doors as they strolled inside. They headed into the dining hall, where all the guests were sitting around the dining table. There was a loud commotion and talking, which all ceased once the bride and groom entered the room. Everyone smiled and admired the couple, which made Beatrice blush and look away.

Tobias led her to the end of the table, where their close friends and family sat. Evelyn was standing in front of the long table, her glass raised as the couple sat across from each other next to the queen. Evelyn grabbed her spoon and tapped the glass cup, gaining silence from everyone in the room as they took their seats.

"Here, today, we celebrate the union between my son Tobias and his newly wedded wife, Beatrice. May they spend the rest of their life together in complete happiness." Evelyn rose her glass. "To the newlyweds!"

"Cheers!" everyone said together before taking a sip of their drink.

"Let's eat!" Evelyn exclaimed as the doors opened and servants came inside with trays of food.

Conversations started up again as the room filled with noise. Beatrice could barely hear Christina's words and had to resort to reading lips to understand anything. Sooner or later, the conversations died down and everyone began to fill their mouths with food. Evelyn took this as her chance to speak quietly to Beatrice and Tobias.

"I want you two to know that a carriage will be ready for the both of you when the party's over," she said with a smile.

Tobias furrowed his brows. "What for? We're staying here."

"No, you're not!" Evelyn scoffed and shook her head. "You won't be staying here your first night as husband and wife. Especially since tonight is going to be so magical for the both of you, I'd rather you don't ruin the mood by celebrating it in Tobias' childhood bedroom."

Beatrice chuckled and looked up. "She might have a point."

Tobias' cheeks blushed as he picked up his fork and began turning his food. Evelyn laughed and continued to eat. Beatrice nudged his leg, forcing him to look up at her happy face. He smiled back and reached for her hand over the table. She gladly took it and watched as he stroked the wedding band on her finger again.

"You've been doing that a lot, you know," She said loud enough so only he could hear.

"Doing what?"

"Touching our wedding rings. It's like you need some proof that this really happened. Are you having second thoughts?" her voice suddenly became raised and gained attention from a couple of people.

"Of course not, Beatrice," he quickly assured, holding her hand and looking in her eyes. "Can't I admire how grateful I am to be married to the greatest woman in the world?"